The pain has kicked in

by Pistoff 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

"Your grieving, it's a process"....Billy Crystal.

Play the game when your at the table.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello PO'd

It's not your "compass" you have lost. It's the CERTAINTY that was never real that you have lost. That certainty guaranteed your everlasting life and loosing things like this, even if only concepts at the time, is something to GRIEVE.

Peacefulpete was right when I quoted Billy, "its a process". The anger and depression are normal parts of the process. I don't say this to coldly reduce your agony to a trivial, predictable "process". I'm only explaining this so you do not feel like the world is ending, although it might feel like it. The final stage of the process is Acceptance, and that is where you will end up. We live with "acceptance", we even go on and enjoy life again once we reach that stage.

So you are going to be OK! Just hang on through these difficult parts of the journey. Maybe you will write a new book on the process one day and call one of the stages Pistoff.

Jst2laws

• Banshee
    Banshee

((((((((Pistoff))))))))

I am so sorry that you are going through tremendous emotional agony. We all have differing experiences leaving the JW religion/cult but one thread that runs through all of our stories is pain. It is so horrible how this organization damages people.

I just wanted you to know that I read your post and I care. I am, at this moment, giving you a great big cyberhug.

---Banshee

P.S. I always enjoy reading your posts on blondie's Comments You Won't Hear... threads.

• avengers
    avengers

I hear ya man!!......Exact!

• berylblue
    berylblue

Pistoff, I feel your pain. So sorry.

• happy man
    happy man

I am

• happy man
    happy man

when I pull away and question the complete trust we have put in these men, I am the bad guy.

Just this is the same fore mee, , Elders say if some have qestions you can sure ask them , peopel in the cong send in 20 qestions, about the polyci in sexual abuse cases.

So it is some kaos now, qestions like , are mebers in the cong informd if we have a pedofile in the cong, and are family widh kids informd.

All this is not so much about abuse it is about how our jurudical system works.

Not evryone now this, and are very confused about this .

I have a feeling that our leaders dont want to expose this system and the power elders have , so the try to focus on other things, i think they dont want to answer in public on this , beaucause then they will disturd this peoepl who think all this is bad lyies.

It was intresting to read the WT studie yesterday, where it talks about we must take care fore apostates inn the cong, unbelevebel, dont we have one memeber left in the GB widh some comen sens?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Thank you all so much; it is so good to hear from others that they have felt the same loss.

Just2laws, your comment on losing the certainty that was never real hit me real hard; that is a big part of it. None of this was going to happen; I mean, I got married in the early 70's because there was not going to be marriage in the new system. I skipped college and pioneered because the end was coming in 75; we were not going to grow old, that was for worldly people.

So now, growing old and having to plan for retirement is a real shock to the system. That sounds crazy I know but that is the way we all felt, and still do, some of them.

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE............LOVE YOU ALL

• badwillie
    badwillie

Pist-

I've been out for about 2 years now. I'm also grieving the loss of 2 sisters and my mother. It is worse than death really, because you have no contact with them and yet you know that they consider you an EVIL, destructive influence. That really hurts. Especially when my whole life I've been nothing less than a thoughtful, caring family member who would (and did) do anything for my family. The bad days are less than at first, but I still have a lot of pain at times too. I wish it would go away. I also identify with the other poster who mentioned his cursing fits... I suffer from this too, I call it Post Witness Turret's Syndrome. I think it is caused by the very high level of frustration we are feeling. I don't know what the solution is. I am hoping that others who say "time is a healer" are right.

-BW.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I think they are right, willie; things are better for me than at first, but I am not being shunned either.

I just hope that the information that is circulating can help people slowly realize that the WT is not the channel from God that they constantly claim to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit