The pain has kicked in

by Pistoff 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

For the future:

from Robert Duncan - ( My Mother would be a Falconresss...)

...even now, years after this,

when the wounds I left her had surely healed,

and the woman is dead

her fierce eyes closed, and if her heart

were broken, it is stilled

I would be a falcon and go free.

I tread her wrist and wear the hood,

talking to myself, and would draw blood.

N

• gumby
    gumby
    I no longer have the rosy feel about the future that I once did, not that I want to have false hope, but all the same today the anger I have lived with seemed to turn to sadness and I just could not stop crying.

I know the feeling.....except I got it twice.

I went from having a broken heart of learning that the Organisation that me and my family of 5 generations deep now was/are in...........was not the way to eternal life. That was a toughie for me along with the rejection from some members of my family .

Then....".I found the Lord"!

After about 7 years of the lord, I learned "things" about the lord and the bible itself. Then I felt I was let down again when I came to realise that this hope..( and this is my opinion) was also bogus.

Now I have to figure out what lifes all about again and that's another journey itself that seems futile to me as man has not ever PROVEN the answer to it yet in a good explainable detail.

I would like to disagree with you dansk on what your friend told you about the length of time it takes to chill out from escaping dubdom. In 6 months I still didn't know what hit me let alone understands many many things. I think recovery can last a lifetime for some and for others......they "get over it".

Your feeling will get better and better as time goes on pistoff and you will be able to control your feelings better. It has been this way for me and many others.

Patience

Gumby

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

(((Pistoff))) - It does get easier - there are many different levels of "grief" - and that is what you are experiencing. This is just a stage, and it will pass.

Stay strong, you're right on track!

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

PO'd,

****None of this was going to happen; I mean, I got married in the early 70's because there was not going to be marriage in the new system. I skipped college and pioneered because the end was coming in 75; we were not going to grow old, that was for worldly people.

So now, growing old and having to plan for retirement is a real shock to the system.****

Me to.

Even though I left in 1980 even after 24 yrs the damn incidious cult keeps it's tentacles glued to your phsyce! Dansk said it takes about 6 months to chill out.......how about 6 years in my case. The mind plays games with you about sin, everlasting life, paradise, blah blah.

It's really not until you have been able to sort out all the God issues, that allows for any kind of peace and serenity.

I shed the tear's for years. But then the tears turn into resolve, never to let yourself be so bamboozled again.

Danny

• gumby
    gumby

btt

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yeah being PISSED OFF is good sometimes and damn sure better than being pissed on

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

It does get eaiser. You pain will turn to pity. It use to hurt me so bad when one of my family members would ignore me, but now it doesn't bother me. I have pity for them now. They really think they are doing the right thing. I have my own family now. Some of them may not have the same blood running through them as me, but it's still family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit