Euthanasia

by iiz2cool 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman
    In fact, I've told my sister that if I'm ever in an accident and I end up in a coma with the prospect of being a human vegetable, I've given her my permission to turn the machine off. I'd rather die than "live" like that.

Prisca,

HL and I have come to the same agreement. We've also given each other the go-ahead to find a new partner too. We've also told the boys this, they didn't want to hear it of course, but I've seen too many relationships with a surviving parent ruined because the kids resent them forming another relationship.

Englishman.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Is euthanasia legal in your side of the world ? if so, you can arrange a lot on forehand.

Life is a gift from God, but I don't think he ment a horrible dead for us.

• heathen
    heathen

Ghost of esmerelda------- I think that kavorkian belongs in jail for the reason that he did kill someone that was suffering from depression and was not terminally ill.

country_woman -------- That's pretty arguementative as to God wanting people to suffer .Suffering seems to be a requirement for redemption from what I read in the bible . What if Job had pulled the plug when he was very near to death and suffering horribly , Would God have rewarded him ? The answer here would have been no . The morality of the issue does not seem to be black and white but more of a grey area .

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

heathen,
    You said: Suffering seems to be a requirement for redemption from what I read in the bible

What I read is: With dead your paying for your sins. and I don't believe that God want us to suffer.

The story of Job is a class apart: As far as I understand it, it is an example of standing loyal to God under all curcumstances - (and God is no longer in need for this kind of examples since Jezus made the ultime offer by giving his life)

In those days I think there were no doctors who could nearly endless extend a live of misery - which they are doing very often today.

I agree, this is a grey area - but to get euthanasia you will have to suffer without a chance to recover. If not, if there is medication and a slight chance to recover, euthanasie will be seen as murder (in this part of the world).

Last year I have buried my mother she died from liver-cancer. We were able to take care for her at home, and she was not in a lot of pain (medicines) but she was completely helpless for the last weeks. She did not need euthanasia - but since I have seen what she has to go through, I opt for euthanasia when I need it.

((((iiz2cool)))): I wish you a lot of strenght

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger
    We put animals to sleep out of 'mercy'. Do human beings deserve any less? I think not.

My thoughts exactly! We put our animals to sleep so they won't suffer, but we allow humans to suffer needlessly, especially for those who have no opportunity any longer for a "miracle" cure. We'll allow them to waste themselves away by starvation or dehydration, but how dare we just allow them to go peacefully to sleep, after having spent their last coherent moments with loved ones.??!

There does seem to be some stigmitism as to the "moral" righteousness for euthenasia. For some reason, the words of "leaving it to God" comes out usually with those that don't believe it should exist. They seem to see it as a form of suicide. I don't believe this is what God meant.

(((Walter))) - I'm sorry for the suffering your family is experiencing at this time.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Legalise euthanasia .

The best way forward.

I am sorry to hear about your mom, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

• Waygooder64
    Waygooder64

Young people in China ? I`m all for it..

• Waygooder64
  • heathen
    heathen

country_woman------------ I just think it goes beyond what the bible says to suggest that God is ok with assisted suicide or it could be seen as murder . I think the issue is more a political one as far as the government permiting people to determine for themselves how they want to exit this world. There are perfectly healthy people commiting suicide everyday and there are abortions performed everyday so it's not like they can legislate ones will to live.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit