Russia is Smart

by Kohanic 29 Replies latest social current

• Kohanic
    Kohanic

@Drearyweather

Answer for questions 1-6: No. I don't really think that banning is the answer, this was a more emotionally charged post to which I have yet to see an edit button. No Im not paranoid of mind control I'm only relaying a point mentioned in the video. No I don't think people should be arrested for this as reality is a subjective experience in which our concept of reality is determined by our upbringing and acquired perception as a result of said upbringing. This was my reality less then a week ago, we are just influenced to believe in what we believe in. Nor do I care if there is JWs in a land to which I live in, there is no reason to.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    funny now that I'm on the Russian side of this debate now, ban them all!

Kohanic, The above statement of yours in the OP prompted me to write to you.

But I can understand what you are trying to say, so no need to apologize. We all have our moments. Cheer.

All of us on this board agree that GB has been putting forth harmful policies and so should be stopped for good, however, none of us agree that individual JW's should be criminalized or harmed in any way. We may hate the GB and some may actively protest at conventions or at the HQ. But no one would want a maniac to enter a convention and start shooting at the witnesses.

Saying that we support Russia in its action against the JW's is like wishing ill on individual JW's. Russia is right in that it is fighting extremism, however, what Russia is doing in criminalizing individual believers will achieve no good as cults thrive on persecution complex. Countries have banned JW's in the past and are banning them now too. However, I have not read any report on how countries have practically benefited by banning them or putting JW's behind bars.

I know what you are trying to say, so no problem with that. We all get emotional especially when we have personally suffered.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

As they say "It takes one to know one".

Russia (at least when it was the old Soviet Union) made mind-control an art form.

If they say that the WTS is all about mind control, then it must be right!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Kohanic / Drearyweather `s interchange of points of view and the way they resolved their apparent differences is one of the things I love about this site .

I think we could all take a lesson from how they handled their differences and resolved it amicably.

Thanks guys you may not have intended it to be a lesson in how mature adults handle problems. however to me it was.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Most books advertisements are written with the aim to convince the reader of certain view point.

With this point of view, Budweiser is a "high control group". At least I know that they have certain influenced my thinking (brain washed?).

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

KOHANIC:

I agree that they are “smart” in the sense that they see through the JW religion and have banned them. Some would say “it takes one to know one” and perhaps this is right.

The JW religion is manipulative and does not encourage functional people in any country and causes many problems. While I don’t want any individual JWs to suffer harm, I am in agreement with the religion being banned. Those who think this is ‘cruel’ or harsh and go on about freedom of religion can cry me a river. This religion needs to be checked.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Drearyweather Since you agree that JW's are extremists who should be criminalized, what is your first reaction when you see JW's standing next to a cart? Do you feel like running away in fear? or Do you sense the danger of being instantly mind-controlled and brainwashed if you even pass by the cart?

So are you saying watchtower isn't a mind control cult??

And yes. They do pray on vulnerable people who then give over *their whole lives*, think about it ,their whole lives and that of their children (if they feel permitted to have them)to serving a publishing company.

Their literature *is*extreme, if not extremist. When I hear of suicides, as I heard of a 25 year old who took her own life this week, being trapped in the cult, it's very hard not to want them banned in order to protect the next generation.

I don't apologize for feeling that way even if Kohanic was kind enough to.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

What else dont you agree with that you would like to see banned?

• Kohanic
    Kohanic

@_Morpheus

Please read the followup response to Drearyweather above

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

the russians did a great service to there public banning the jws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit