Another interesting comment made by a PIMI JW

by joe134cd 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    “Jehovah’s organisation has never stopped anyone from growing a beard.”

Maybe that's true, but you'll be hounded and discriminated against if you do.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""Maybe that's true, but you'll be hounded and discriminated against if you do. "

AND

Just some of the 1000 - yard stares are enough to make you never set foot in there again. Evil glances.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

OP’s comment from a JW that “Jehovah’s organisation has never stopped anyone from growing a beard” is true.

Just like Jackson's comment about it "seem[ing] presumptuous to claim to be God's sole channel," is entirely true. It was not, and never will be an admission of governing body presumptuousness, it is though a statement of fact that people would [correctly] think the governing body claiming to be God's sole channel was presumptuous.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"it is though a statement of fact that people would [correctly] think the governing body claiming to be God's sole channel was presumptuous."

They got that right.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Image is so important when message is so unattractive.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

In Denmark even elders have beards. Even saw one giving a convention talk back in the 80s

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"This to me was always a man-made rule!"

Of course it is a man made rule, but not created by the men in the WTBTS.

Look at the table below. The occupations most like JWs are in the middle column, the clean shaven column. Except for pastor. But then I don't see how a physician or people who work with food can wear beards as I'm afraid of shavings falling down into food or on the operating room.

https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/facial-hair-perception/

Professions associated with beardsProfessions associated with clean-shavenProfessions associated with both/neither
    ProfessorLawyerPhysician
    EngineerColonelManaging director
    ArtistPoliticianFactory Worker
    PastorDiplomatFarmer
    PsychologistSalesman
    Bank Clerk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit