LANDMARK DECISION - Vicki Boer vs Watchtower Society

by Uzzah 144 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jwsons
    jwsons

(((((((((((( OMG Our Vicki. Congratulation girl )))))))))))

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Congratulations to you, Vicky, for your bravery in confronting the giant and winning. The legal stepping stones you have laid down will pave the way for the other lambs so lost.

Country Girl

• Francois
    Francois

It will be veeeeeeeeery interesting to see how the boys at headquarters attempt to spin this awful news, eh?

• mouthy
    mouthy

My Darling Vickie.. I was with you in the courts -my heart expanded with pride that your my sister ...I am appalled at the "little amount" I know it will leave you in a financial hole .But what you have done for SO MANY!!!!!Vickie !!! I consider you an "Esther" You stood up & got counted, whatever the outcome ...Please dont feel discouraged > You socked it to em!!!!Love ya!!!! Grace

• Scully
    Scully

I've been thinking about this statement all night:

The Judge also spent about 10 pages explaining why in Canada the freedoms given to religion are NOT absolute and damage to an individual supercedes the rights of a religion.

and realized the vastness of possibilities this holds for ex-JWs, because it can be applied beyond the scope of child abuse issues. It extends to the blood transfusion doctrine. It extends to the practice of disfellowshipping and shunning.

What this decision is saying is that religions do not have the freedom to inflict abuse on individuals in any way, shape or form. It is saying that all individuals in Canada still retain their basic rights and freedoms under law. It is saying that membership in a religious group does not require an individual to relinquish those rights and freedoms to which all Canadians are entitled.

This is HUGE.

Love, Scully

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hopefully this will mark the beginning of the end for the Watchtower society ; maybe create a dominoe effect.

The Watchtower is beginning to crumble.

In the words of Malcolm X

FREEDOM BY ANY MEANS NECASSARY
    The Watchtower will fall.
  • Brummie
    Brummie

Congrats Vickie, you are a true star!

brummie

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

Congratulations Vicki, dispite the small financial amount, a message has been sent.

Sadie

• Hamas
    Hamas

alt

Watchtower libel and smacked Society , 2010

A distant memory, the Apostates have won!

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Yahoo Vickie!!

I am soooooooooo happy for you. I truly believe this decision has opened the doors for so much more to be accomplished in getting justice for the multitudes of injustices from the WTS.

The Judge gave an excellent write up regarding the stranglehold the Borg has on its adherents. i.e While it is true Vicki was legally an adult when she attended the committee meetings to confront her abuser, she was by no means capable of free will to decide not to attend due to the relationship and power held over her by the church.

This remark about, even though she was an adult when she had those committe meetings, "she was by no means capable of free will", made me particularly happy because we really wondered in Court, whether the Judge understood the magnitude of this power and influence the WTS wields, even over its elders. I would, however, liked to have seen more culpability (at least some) placed on the elders. Even though some act reluctantly under the influence of the WTS, there are too many who wield their rod of power with full enjoyment and belief in the unquestionability of their word.

The Judge also spent about 10 pages explaining why in

And I agree with Scully that this statement is HUGE in is possibilities for other ex-jws whose families have been torn apart by the WTS tactics of control over blood transfusions and other "rules", through disfellowshipping and shunning.

((((((Vickie))))))....I wish this could have been read in court, all 55 pages of it, and we could have been there with you again. The cheers from our little numbers on our side of the court, would probably have been deafening to the silence from the stone faces on the other side. How I would have loved to have seen their faces change from smug smiles to shock.

I hope now this victory, even though the $$ award was pawltry, can help bring some closure to your lives, and you and your dear husband and girls, can go on with this all behind you.

Love and Hugs,

Had Enough

Edited to try and fix a missing part of a quotation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit