LANDMARK DECISION - Vicki Boer vs Watchtower Society

by Uzzah 144 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

There is now a link on the front of the Silentlambs website (www.silentlambs.org) to a pdf file with the judgement.

Try this link: http://www.silentlambs.org/documents/slBoerCase_000.pdf

Expatbrit

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks, Expat. The link worked. Now, all I have to do is adjust my bifocals to read sideways.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

There are many ways to adjust the view to read the decision. Look carefully at your acrobat reader and their should be a location showing which view you can have. Also their should be a magnifying glass icon that can help you expand or decrease the page size.

You can also print it out and it should be readable on 8 and 1/2 by 11 inch paper.

But it is 10 meg big so it does take a while to either download to acrobat reader or to view on the browser/acrobat reader.

hawk

• KGB
    KGB

I just hope that there will be more of those abused in the borg getting atleast the same. It is a victory no matter what the amount of the winnings as the borg has much more money than we do. The saying usually goes the more money you have the beeter the chance of winning in a court case. So this was good, very good. I hope now that more will stand up to the borg and fight for what was lost them by the borg and there followers.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Expatbrit said:

I haven't yet got my mits on a copy of the decision yet, so can't offer any comments on it, but I thought this paragraph from Hawk's post is worth consideration:

(Quoting Hawkaw:) 7) Vicki lost on failure to report to children's aid and forbidding medical treatment. The reason why was simple. Charles Mark's case just did not have enough proof to show the court that the elders prevented Vicki from seeking professional help. Without enough evidence to present to the Judge (including Watchtower magazine articles etc. which were available ito him if he only used them) to back witnesses like Vicki and Frank Mott-Trille up, Charles Mark's case went into the toilet and the Judge had no choice but to rule the way she did on those issues (End of Quote)

In Mr. Marks' defence, while there should certainly have been more presentation of Watchtower materials, it has to be remembered that he is not an ex-JW, and presumably before this case had the same level of knowledge of the Watchtower as any average member of society i.e. JW's are those odd people who disturb you on Saturday morning and that's it.

And this is something that the x-JW community can think about, imo. In future cases that happen in our area, how can we get the lawyer's up to speed on the Watchtower so they have the knowledge level they need in the courtroom? Could we put together some kind of information packages for them with Watchtower source material? Can we make sure they have some good idea of the Jehovah's Witness culture and how pervasive the Watchtower is in their lives?

I have put together an "Information Package" of important Watchtower Quotes which show, from the Watchtower's own statements, the following things:

* The Watchtower Society claims to have NO Clergy.

* The Watchtower Society says that ALL Jehovah's Witnesses become ORDAINED MINISTERS when they are Baptized.

* The Watchtower Society says that all Elders are appointed directly by the Governing Body (or by overseers who are directly appointed by the Governing Body)

* The Watchtower Society teaches that child abuse victims must confront their molesters and accuse him in-person in accordance with Matthew 18:15. (November 1st, 1995 Watchtower)

* The Watchtower Society teaches that Elders are direct representatives of the Governing Body, and also of Jesus and God.

And several other important factors that the Judges and Juries REALLY NEED TO KNOW.

If anyone wants a copy of this "Information Package" of Quotes, please E-Mail me at [email protected] and I will be happy to give you a copy via E-Mail free!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit