Are Magicians Spawns of Satan the Devil?

by Cold Steel 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JustMe2
    JustMe2
    There was an article many years ago saying that much magic for entertainment is sleight of hand, but it would be inappropriate to watch it because it gives the appearance of being supernatural (or words to that effect). Perhaps someone can find the quote?
  • Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It was an illusionist who helped set me free from fear of demons.

Science of Scams with Derren Brown exposes the tricks of those making money from gullible people and shows how a ouija board works but back in the 80s our hall believed David Copperfield used demons to make a plane disappear. No mention of illusion at all, it wuz demunz!

• smiddy
    smiddy

An Elder in our congregation beleived that skippy the bush kangaroo was demonized , seriously.

Ozzie TV show

smiddy

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    I'm sorry, are you saying that large commercial airliners are unable to fly without Satan's assistance?
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    I'm sorry, are you saying that large commercial airliners are unable to fly without Satan's assistance?

That was a JOKE, mate!

• galaxie
    galaxie

.....That ol' black magic has me in its spell

That ol' black magic that you weave so well

Icy fingers running up and down my spine

That same ol' witchcraft when your eyes meet mine :

The devil must have had a hand in those lyrics !! Lol

Edit .... were Cadbury's black magic chocolates banned in your jw household ?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    You're so dumb to fall for this nonsense that it involves satan etc.. every trick is explainable if you think and look carefully. The few that are not so obvious doesnt mean it's real magic it means you dont know how it was done.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Nothing new. Humans have always written off things they are unable to understand to superstition. In Africa witch doctors weild tremendous psychological power over people because their ignorance breeds superstition.
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    Magicians are masters of illusion... and nothing more. They are entertainers that use many innovative techniques to trick the human eye. Google it. Don't listen to religious zealots. They are the ones with the agenda.
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I posted these before watching them all, but some of these tricks are damn good. Did you see the one where the guy pops a woman's cell phone into a bottle, then has a friend call the woman's cell phone while it's in the bottle? Evil spirits? Or was the woman a plant and using some props bought at a musician's supply shop? I would have to think on that. Hmmmmm. Occam's Razor says evil spirits. Definately.

In his concluding video, Xendrius uses a very talented mask changer to prove it was demons. But mask changing has been around for many years and I've seen some pretty bad ones (which always screw it up for the good ones). It's done through the use of silk screens that can be snapped into place in a fraction of a blink. Even cameras can't detect it. In fact, on some you can actually see the wrinkles in the silk.

Now all this doesn't mean I don't believe in evil spirits. I do. But there's a reason these things are called tricks. I've seen Kreskin do some amazing things with the power of suggestion. I also think he's a gifted reader and don't know if he's a psychic or not, but both he and Randi have million dollar offers on the table.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit