COUNTDOWN! - The Great London Bethel Sell-off!

by darkspilver 13 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Following the initial publicity for this multi-million pound sale sell-off - as highlighted here and here some three months ago....

The sale process has been progressing with Tender Dates announced:

Green Court (Residential Apartments):
    Best and final bids invited by Monday 19th December 2016 at 5pm

No.1 Elstree Way:
    Expressions of Interest and Initial Bids by Friday 3rd February 2017 at 5pm

IBSA House:
    Expressions of Interest and Initial Bids by Friday 3rd March 2017 at 5pm

Watch Tower House:
    Expressions of Interest and Initial Bids by Friday 31st March 2017 at 5pm

Conference Centre & Open Field:
    Expressions of Interest and Initial Bids by Friday 31st March 2017 at 5pm

Manor Point Units 1 & 2:
    This Property will be available for sale with vacant possession in early 2020

Buttermere Court (Residential Apartments):
    Bidding details to be announced

Ullswater Court (Residential Apartments):
    Bidding details to be announced

• DesirousOfChange
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Looks like the GB is applying the concept of centralization (moving all the New York city properties to upstate NY). Now they are doing the same in the UK sounds like.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I note in the FAQ section of one of the websites the following:

I was under the impression that apart from the removal of contaminated earth, not much had happened at Chelmsford, yet, and the detailed plans have not yet been finalised. (Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.) Watchtower must be desperate to get those proceeds of sale in as soon as possible.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

I may have missed this, but have the houses on The Ridgeway already been sold? A fair number of beautiful houses used to house bethelites, or heavies at least. Maybe these sold and the bethelites decamped to the residential blocks now listed for sale.

• freddo
    freddo

Don't forget that London Bethel will almost halve in size from even today's figures (about 400/500 "inmates" ) to about 250 when it becomes Chelmsford Bethel.

So they can sell and take the lolly more quickly than would otherwise be the case.

No big printing press for little England, no more "speshul relashunship" - zer Germuns have definitely become the biggest boy in Europe.

Grand Theocracy ever decreasing!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LevelThePlayingField - "Looks like the GB is applying the concept of centralization..."

Which, from a purely financial standpoint, is just good business.

From a religious/ideological perspective, however (especially given all the things we know are going on at the moment) it is arguably much more...

...it also gives off a definite "battening-down-the-hatches-circling-the-wagons-and-closing-ranks-in-the-face-of-looming-legal-and-financial-difficulties" vibe.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

As I said recently in another thread, I wonder what the ratio of sold vs. newly-built is?

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I have been convinced for some time that the mighty org is under liquidation, and the money is going to the pockets of the initial investors. The 3P (Third Party)

Now, I do not propose to know who 3P is. And I have no proof they exist. But I do believe they indeed exist and I can speculate on their identity. I can also speculate on the timing of the fire sale.

In the way of setting the stage for good speculation, ponder the timing of the child abuse scandal. One could ask "why now?" The answer, although speculation, would seem to be simple. In fact, the question could equally be "why NOT now?"

Those molested, were molested as children and those kids are growing up now. It's now that they are becoming aware of what has really happened to them and the gravity of their pain. And it is now that they are becoming emboldened to speak up.

I speculate that Zion's Watchtower found friends in suffering during WWII. Zionists.

I propose these Jews funded/invested in WTBTS because of the suffering based friendships born out of WWII and the desire to make money. I further speculate that the original generation prospered through their investment in WTBTS and that now they are dying off, their offspring taking the reins. These offspring feel no partnership as did their now deceased parents and they want to liquidate their investment. Possibly they see the 'handwriting on the wall' as the pedophile emerge from the dark corners into the light.

I could be blowing smoke up everyone'a ass. It would make for a hell of a movie though.

Where's Spielberg when you need him..?

(hey, isn't he a a Jew too)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    biblexaminer - "...the question could equally be 'why NOT now?'..."

Very much so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit