Delurk

by Euphemism 50 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Welcome Euphemism and Piph!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Welcome. I only just read your story and although I left in a very different way, I can relate to the "attachment" to the org. I wanted to go back for years and although I was leading a "worldly" way of life, it was only when I got the internet that I became educated about the doctrines.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Welcome Euphemism and Piph!

I'm 21 years old myself, and I had many of the same feelings you had just a couple of years ago. I still go to the hall from time to time since I live with my JW parents, but meeting attendance twice a month is my usual quota (I'm not sure if my new bookstudy conductor overseer even knows my first name, due to my lack of attendance ). Fading away has worked quite nicely for me, but every situation is different, so whatever you choose to do, good luck with it, because it is never totally easy.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Welcome Piph, its even better to have you both here.

Brummie

• Piph
    Piph

I've felt really lost the past few weeks, and have been feeling very depressed off and on. You all have no idea how much your comments, encouragement, and advice mean to me. I am still in the same congregation, same town that I was born in, and I've learned to base my entire self-worth on pleasing others. Knowing that I'm going to disappoint a lot of people is the most unbearable thing I've ever faced.

I am hoping to make a lot of friends with ex-JWs and others...I will need to. It just takes time, of course...I have a feeling this site is definitely going to be a lifeline. I'm so glad you all are here and that you all encourage one another in true Christlike love.

Thanks again for all the welcomes and well wishes!

• SYN
    SYN

Welcome, Neo and Trinity

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Welcome Euphamism and Piph.

Glad to have you both here.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Thanks, everybody! I'm really enjoying being here. In fact, I think I'm addicted...

Welcome, Neo and Trinity

LOL *bends your light-saber beam*

• ros
    ros

Euphemism and Epithany:

I can barely imagine how complicated you lives must be right now. Planning marriage in a large JW family with life-long friends, no doubt anticipating the beautiful KH wedding soon--what a time to start realizing the truth about "The Lie". Yet surely it is a far better way to begin a new life together than the alternative. I don't envy your present situation and confusion. In some ways it must seem like a ton of bricks falling on you, one brick at a time.

If there is any way I can help, don't hesitate to let me know. There's plenty of anonymous support here (and here).
    You know how you can contact me .

Blessings,
    ~Ros
    [email protected]

• SYN
    SYN

Are you guys getting married in the KH?

If you're not, we could always ask Valis to perform the ceremony

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit