Delurk

by Euphemism 50 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Euphemism, congratulations! I suggest you and your fiancee talk this through lots. Make sure you stay on the same page. Remember, it took you years to work through your doubts and fears. Give your partner space to get to the same place you are.

If you want each other and you want out, have a plan, and a backup plan.

Good luck!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Wow.....Euphemism. That's quite the story. At your age all I was thinking of was how to get...............never mind.

A big welcome to you, and your fiancee.......hopefully.

xjw_b12 " If you look back, it should only be to stick out your tongue "

• JamesThomas
  • nowisee
    nowisee

welcome euphemism. i am glad you are here.

best wishes, nowisee

• myself
  • Euphemism
    Euphemism

LOL @ the pic... thanks everyone for your kind remarks! The atmosphere is really great here, trolls 'n' all.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    "Cults make the victim believe that only cult-members love them and can be trusted. Everyone outside the cult is feared and seen as untrustworthy." She told me: "Those feelings seem familiar... but I can't identify their source." I pointed out to her that this was what Jehovah's Witnesses taught.

Welcome

You're post was excellent, thank you so much for sharing. I am so sorry to hear about your future wife I hope she weathers the future storm and comes out in one piece. I'm sure having you there will be of great benefit to her. It will be hard for both of you going through her memories but I'm sure you will do just fine.

I can't imagine the worry you both are going through with your parents, just remember there are many here who have done the same and can offer lots of advise. Perhaps she will join as well?

The "penny dropping " over the above quote was great, its a shame more people do not see as you both did or see sooner as I did not.

Take care many warm thoughts your way...

Cassi

• kelpie
    kelpie

Welcome and congratulations on being Free..

All the best for the upcoming wedding. I am getting married in 3 months.. eeeeeeekkkkk..

• MrsQ
    MrsQ

Wow. Awesome story. I am so happy for you--and I am thrilled you and your fiancee are on the same page. Nice to have a 'partner in crime', eh?

Q.

• Piph
    Piph

Hello, I'm Euph's fiancee. This isn't exactly a delurk, because I haven't had much time to lurk at all...such a big site! But I plan to spend more time here. :D (Piph is short for Epiphany, which was already taken ;))

Anyway, it's nice to meet everyone...thank you so much for all your kind words for us!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit