one picture too far ( fetched)

by waton 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waton
    waton
    What a loving suggestion from the Governing Body now that travel time to their Kingdom Halls has greatly increased.

Listener. : and not to forget that this time in the presence of unbaptized persons in counted as "service time", by both parents, as part of the 10 minutes + that every human on this planet receives each year.

good news travels long and far.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Roady - Maybe someone can rewrite 99 bottles of beer into a kingdom song

ToMo's whiskey bottles hanging on the wall.

• DesirousOfChange
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I like D of C's cartoon .LOL

I dunno about singing while you drive , lots do (on an open straight road ) Do they really think driving a family to a meeting is a calm happy affair? In my experience it was rushed, late , tense , after getting washed & changed and ready.

However, my beef and that of the dub family members was " How can you remember the words of the scriptures or the songs when the keep changing it ?"

My Missus gets puzzled looks and patronizing corrections if she refers to Bible verse from memory......they have changed the words now in the revised NWT . The old songs too now have different words......That is counter productive to remembering it.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

A brother, named André, made the discission to sing Kingdom Melodies while driving in his car.

G.

• blondie
    blondie

waton, I was thinking the same thing

"Listener. : and not to forget that this time in the presence of unbaptized persons in counted as "service time", by both parents, as part of the 10 minutes + that every human on this planet receives each year."

jw parents are only allowed to count 4 hours each month (4 hrs/dad; 4 hrs/mom). If there are now 2 trips roundtrip to the KH each week, 4 one-way trips; 4 weeks x 4 = 16 trips x time it takes to go one-way to the KH, (10 minutes is quite short let's make it 20 minutes), 16 x 20 minutes =320 minutes divided by 60 = 5+ hours. Thus the parents don't have to have a real study at all with their children, but can only count 4 of the 5 hours.

I can see lots of ways of expanding this time. In my observation and those of the elders, maybe 10% of the families have a formal study with their children.

Singing would be a win win situation.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

We're on a road to nowhere
    Come on inside
    Taking that ride to nowhere
    We'll take that ride
    I'm feeling okay this morning
    And you know
    We're on the road to paradise
    Here we go, here we go

https://youtu.be/LQiOA7euaYA

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What will their expressions be in 40 years???

DD

• waton
    waton

Combining the Tesla thread by d.o.f.p. with this one, (are the Tesla's not self driving? ) we could have the father having his nose in the songbook too. Amazing that they still use the grey silver paper bound song book version.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Jwkeaks. I never saw the video before, but that is the song I took my moniker from. It fits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit