Miss America and Misguided Views on Sexuality

by Simon 21 Replies latest social current

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Taking the swimsuit contest out will certainly make rating shoot through the roof!

Now finally we can concentrate on Batton Twirling!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Pretty sure no one watched this thing anyway, and the few that did probably only did for the swimsuit portion

• jp1692
    jp1692

Scratch, thanks for sharing the John Oliver clip from 2014. I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes!!!

The references to and clip with Trump beginning @ 4:50" are very ironic considering where he was then (when this video was made), where he is now and all that has transpired since.

What a world!

• resolute Bandicoot
  • resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Cofty -

suspect those at the forefront of banning public displays of female beauty have reason to be jealous

Yep, the ugly feminist land-whales have been busy again http://www.returnofkings.com/118536/why-liberals-are-so-physically-monstrous-and-repulsive

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Where does it stop because there are many industries that rely on beautiful people to sell it. Plus, there's the double standard when it comes to things like this. Have you ever witnessed the embarrassing trainwreck of a drunken hen's night with male strippers? It's a phalic worship night.

I'm assuming in a perfect new world where everyone and everything is equal male strippers and body builders beautiful male pop stars will be banned also because you know of the whole people are not to be oggled like prize cattle to be paraded around thing?

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

It has been years since I have seen a Miss America, Miss USA, Miss World/Universe. Am I mistaken or didnโ€™t this happen with one of those before? Took away swimsuit competition only to reinstate later?

And let me state for the record. Tall, beautiful, tanned, young women in tiny bathing suits parading on stage for every one to see and judge...I am totally, completely and 100% FOR that!! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

It is a "beauty pageant," so if they are taking it out because it's demeaning, then isn't the whole thing demeaning? You can't have it both ways either the whole thing is demeaning or it's not. The girls are agreeing to be there right? If they truly had a problem being judged on their looks, then they wouldn't enter the contest.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

I don't think there is much that will make the former "bathing beauty " pageant into something more valuable to society. Women can now choose any profession, have goals other than to be a wife (trophy or otherwise) go to any university or become a senator or president. They run huge companies. Pageants are an anachronistic look at women. Women don't need to expose their bodies to be beautiful but really, who bothers with beauty pageants anymore? Women can get merit based scholarships for their academic abilities, for athletic talent or other skills. They don't need to play this demeaning game.

You want to see naked or nearly so? You aren't waiting for miss America pageant.

• humbled
    humbled
    Shouldn't we really be promoting the idea that women are beautiful and what's important is to treat them with respect and that it was the men who did wrong and were the only ones that had to change.

Simon,

When I read the above I realized that only the thought of loosing the bathing suit competition could have prompted that guileless remark โ€”in view of testy conversations that have risen over male behavior toward women on this board.

That you said โ€œit was the men who did wrong and were the only ones that had to change.โ€ Well, it is going to stand as a beachhead from now onโ€”at least in my mind . Thank you!

l hope you turn out to have have a wicked good funny bone. Maeve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit