Disfellowshiped- reinstated- damaged

by Damaged 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• freddo
    freddo

Good move Simon. And I'm glad that (for the time being at least) you have left him on the board because when he posts he can be replied to; so any lurkers or those that have not made their minds up yet can analyse what he writes and the responses.

"Black Spirit" (BS) will waken up more searching, honest and thinking people to the hypocrisy, money hungry and double talking behaviour of jw leaders than he could ever realise.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

Welcome aboard Damaged

So much solid advice has already been given, this ship sails with free-thinking people.

Thank you, Simon, for clearing that up.

I was going crazy scrolling up and down looking for BS comments which seemed to upset so many people

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Hi Damaged and welcome! You're absolutely right to question people's "friendship" after being reinstated. It's all fake and based on announcement made off the stage. That's crazy, right? Except you have all these people taking it as law. It's not really based on repentance or if a person is doing good deeds- it's kind of the luck of the draw. So many people in the halls doing all kinds of stuff and nothing happening to them and people getting df'ed for posting something on facebook (this happened in a congregation I know of).

I always think the reason alot of people, including myself, left the organization is actually because we were too loving. My conscience just didn't allow me to continue to judge and treat people like shit arbitrarily relying on made up rules in a magazine. It just didn't make any sense to me. And now, as a parent, the whole df'ing method makes even less sense. I am so lucky that I left when I did because the treatment of my children when they make a mistake is such a far cry from how I was taught to do things. I love and accompany my kids when they are going through difficult times - even when they are suffering consequences of bad choices. I don't withhold my love or my presence- sometimes people just need to be heard and accompanied while they go through stuff-which is the exact opposite of DF'ing. It's no wonder it's so psychologically damaging.

Thanks for sharing your story and I just count my blessings I'm not involved with that crazy behavior towards people.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Don't ever let them abuse you again!

Make plans to "fade". (If you don't know that term, do some more reading here and at jwfacts.org)

Jesus said that LOVE would identify his people. Haven't you seen and felt enough to see that there is NO LOVE in this group? GET OUT OF HER!

Good luck!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@BlackSpiritAgain: "I came in the power of the spirit."

You came here in the power of an IP address.

Now feel free to post your name and congregation details if you're so sure the spirit of Jehovah's organization is on your side.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit