I think circuit overseers should have a job like the apostle Paul

by forzaitalia 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• forzaitalia
    forzaitalia

Am I being mean, thinking that travelling overseers should get a part-time job like Paul did, in order to not be a burden to the congregation? I wouldn't put my hand up when we were asked to raise it if we were happy to give £50 from congregation funds to the c.o. so that he could take his wife out for a meal. crazy perks

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    in order to not be a burden to the congregation?

Elders reimburse the CO out of the bank account funds they have. If they can't they can ask the branch and they pick it up.

I wouldn't put my hand up when we were asked to raise it if we were happy to give £50 from congregation funds to the c.o. so that he could take his wife out for a meal.

There is no such arrangement. If your elders did it, it was plain wrong.

• BelisemDeBelimakom
    BelisemDeBelimakom

Here is a post of BoogerMan on the subject:

"Career Christians" ignore these Scriptures

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5940059249836032/career-christians-ignore-these-scriptures

• St George of England
    St George of England
    There is no such arrangement. If your elders did it, it was plain wrong.

The congregation is not even allowed to "round up" expenses. In the past if the CO expenses were say £87 we would pay him £100. The Society put a stop to that and we then had to pay the exact sum he had receipts for.

George

• hoser
    hoser
    Who was the purchaser of the tents that he apostle Paul made to support his ministry ?
  • TonusOH
    TonusOH

I don't recall our congregation elders ever asking for donations for the CO when they visited. But many in the congregation would give them something. The CO had a place to eat dinner each night (more families offered than was needed) and people giving them green handshakes one after another. I guess that's one of the ironies of human society; some of the poorest communities tend to be the most generous. Our family was scraping the barrel most of the time, but my mother always had a $20 bill to hand to the traveling overseer.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FORZAITALIA:

I agree that they most definitely should have a job to support themselves, like Paul did.. As a person who got knocked and laughed at for working, I feel very strongly about this.

I am going to shoot some holes in the mentality that people in the JW religion are going to ‘give money to those who don’t want to work so they can go knocking on doors’. 🤣 Sorry, but I never believed this. Don’t want to work? Don’t eat.

Likewise, I never gave anything to pioneers who didn’t want to work….I had a full-time job that I refused to quit to ‘pioneer’ and live on the edge. I retired when it was time.

With this latest ‘understanding’ about the average JW no longer needing to turn in reports about ‘field service’ hours, I am ever so Glad I never listened to the religion years ago.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

The WTBT$ gives honor and prominence to COs, says they are examples to be imitated, but that's not what the Bible says. The Bible clearly says to avoid those who don't want to work to support their "ministry" because they are disobedient to Christ and they are meddling with peoples' lives in a disorderly way.

2 Thessalonians 3:6-15

"Now we are giving you instructions, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to withdraw from every brother who is walking disorderly and not according to the tradition that you received from us. For you yourselves know how you should imitate us, because we did not behave in a disorderly way among you, nor did we eat anyone’s food free. On the contrary, by labor and toil we were working night and day so as not to impose an expensive burden on any one of you. Not that we do not have authority, but we wanted to offer ourselves as an example for you to imitate. In fact, when we were with you, we used to give you this order: “If anyone does not want to work, neither let him eat.”

"For we hear that some are walking disorderly among you, not working at all, but meddling with what does not concern them. To such people we give the order and exhortation in the Lord Jesus Christ that they should work quietly and eat food they themselves earn. For your part, brothers, do not give up in doing good. But if anyone is not obedient to our word through this letter, keep this one marked and stop associating with him, so that he may become ashamed. And yet do not consider him an enemy, but continue admonishing him as a brother."

The entire WTBT$ hierarchy is antichrist and unscriptural, from the BOEs with their JCs to the COs to Bethel to the FD$/GB. Christ will remove it shortly, the whole fraudulent kit-n-kaboodle at once.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

EASY PROMPT:

Absolutely correct. Today, what is happening in JW congregations is something they never expected.

Many Witnesses who spent decades in the ministry instead of having decent jobs with benefits, paying into SS, etc. have now reached retirement age totally unprepared! The ‘End’ they had all hoped for and were told would save them from having to plan, has not arrived in time enough to deliver them from the consequences of inaction.

To add insult to the injury, many have left the JW religion (including responsible individuals like myself).. Therefore, there are fewer JWs for elders to approach discreetly with an envelope/sob story asking for money for people there who never wanted to work!

The religion maybe did not foresee all this. Maybe they didn’t care or imagined somebody ELSE was going to care for all these people misled by faulty teachings!

When you think about it, even the most stupidest so-called ‘worldly’ people know they will get old and have to prepare somehow.. So, it’s hard to feel sorry for Witnesses who bought into this frenzy of pioneering decades ago - believing they would never get old and did not need to $ave or prepare!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The JWs reach retirement age totally unprepared.

Why? Do you think the Borg ever prepares people for retirement?? Hnm?

What,,,is the Borgs constant message??? Its gloom and doom fear-mongering Armageddon is imminent.

JWs are victims

Information is readily available at anyone's finger tips. To dismantle this indoctrination.

Agreed,,,its hard to feel sorry for indoctrinated JWs,,,anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit