"Career Christians" ignore these Scriptures

by BoogerMan 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

The apostle Paul instructed Christians regarding work and providing for oneself. His Bible standards and instructions are completely dismissed by everyone who's jumped on the Christianity gravy-train:

(Acts 18:3) "and on account of being of the same trade he stayed at their home, and they worked, for they were tent makers by trade."

(Acts 20:34) "YOU yourselves know that these hands have attended to the needs of me and of those with me."

(1 Corinthians 4:11-12) "Down to this very hour we continue to hunger and also to thirst and to be scantily clothed and to be knocked about and to be homeless and to toil, working with our own hands."

(2 Corinthians 11:9) "....and yet when I was present with YOU and I fell in need, I did not become a burden to a single one.....Yes, in every way I kept myself unburdensome to YOU and will keep myself so."

(2 Corinthians 12:13) "For in what respect is it that YOU became less than the rest of the congregations, except that I myself did not become a burden to YOU? Kindly forgive me this wrong."

(Ephesians 4:28) "Let the stealer steal no more, but rather let him do hard work, doing with his hands what is good work, that he may have something to distribute to someone in need."

(1 Thessalonians 2:9) "Certainly YOU bear in mind, brothers, our labor and toil. It was with working night and day, so as not to put an expensive burden upon any one of YOU, that we preached the good news of God to YOU."

(1 Thessalonians 4:11-12) "...make it YOUR aim to live quietly and to mind YOUR own business and work with YOUR hands, just as we ordered YOU; so that YOU may be walking decently as regards people outside and not be needing anything."

(2 Thessalonians 3:8, 10-12) "...nor did we eat food from anyone free. To the contrary, by labor and toil night and day we were working so as not to impose an expensive burden upon any one of YOU. In fact, also, when we were with YOU, we used to give YOU this order: "If anyone does not want to work, neither let him eat." For we hear certain ones are walking disorderly among YOU, not working at all but meddling with what does not concern them. To such persons we give the order and exhortation in [the] Lord Jesus Christ that by working with quietness they should eat food they themselves earn."

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think , myself ,and others, appreciate you reminding us of those scriptures who had full time jobs all of our lives.

And still slaved for the Borg while we were in.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

2 Thessalonians 3:6-15

According to the scriptures, the CO arrangement, the "special full time servant" arrangement, the entire Bethel commune arrangement is an abomination.

"Now we are giving you instructions, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to withdraw from every brother who is walking disorderly and not according to the tradition that you received from us. For you yourselves know how you should imitate us, because we did not behave in a disorderly way among you, nor did we eat anyone’s food free. On the contrary, by labor and toil we were working night and day so as not to impose an expensive burden on any one of you. Not that we do not have authority, but we wanted to offer ourselves as an example for you to imitate."

God's Word says to "withdraw from every brother" who doesn't work to pay for his own ministry efforts.

"In fact, when we were with you, we used to give you this order: “If anyone does not want to work, neither let him eat.” For we hear that some are walking disorderly among you, not working at all, but meddling with what does not concern them. To such people we give the order and exhortation in the Lord Jesus Christ that they should work quietly and eat food they themselves earn. For your part, brothers, do not give up in doing good. But if anyone is not obedient to our word through this letter, keep this one marked and stop associating with him, so that he may become ashamed. And yet do not consider him an enemy, but continue admonishing him as a brother."

The scriptures say to "stop associating" with any person who wants to have their ministry supported by voluntary donations, and also that those same ones keep meddling with things that don't concern them (like make rules up about "no-beards" and counting time and banning people and other such foolishness.)

That's why when the attack on religious institutions begins, God is not going to "protect" the Bethel arrangement. The Bethel arrangement is an antichrist arrangement, just like all the other "paid clergy" arrangements in the rest of Christendom.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BOOGER MAN:

’Career Christian’s’ aka ‘Pioneers’ as well as all the rest of the Witnesses would not want to highlight these scriptures which are the very opposite of the way they are trained!

In fact, it would not surprise me if at some point the religion rolls out a newer version of their bible that somehow alters or deletes these scriptures that condemn them or show them up as wrong!

As I have said many times, I was criticized for having a full-time job that I refused to quit to please these busybodies! Thankfully, I never listened or I wouldn’t have retired.

I’m ‘Faded’ many years but I understand the congregations today are filled with needy people who followed this bad advice (which goes against the very scriptures).. These JWs followed ‘commands of men’ there and reached retirement age broke in a religion that has No social programs to help them!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

One phrase that always grated on me was when I heard C/o and others speak of their “ Theocratic career”

Ugh ! It smacks of self seeking career minded middle managers, the ones I dealt with at work… I guess they were all the same…..🤬

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

I remember about one timid pioneer sister that was receiving aid from the state for some reason. She avoided any work so she could stay in the pioneer ranks. One day the state cut her off from the funding. They must have figured out she was playing the system. I don't know if she was milking unemployment until it ran out or it was something else. One thing I could tell is that she did NOT want to work for a living.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

A CLUE TO FIND THE USER:

You can say that again about how some pioneers (and certain others) do NOT want to work for a living. I have no pity.

Back when I was in the Witness religion, I was a single woman with a full-time job that I refused to quit to ‘pioneer and do housecleaning’.. I was criticized and hardly invited anywhere.. Pioneers my age scoffed at me.. They wouldn’t be caught dead in any full-time job. But, I figured they were entitled to do what they wanted…However, I made sure I never so much as gave them a dime.

In time, I retired.. I hope those pioneers who thought I was a joke back then..can pay their bills now. If not, they better make a list of their so-called ‘spiritual friends’ (you know: the ones who invited them to those secret gatherings)..and put them on speed-dial and Go ask them for help!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit