Had a Conversation with a Young JW Lady at the Bus Stop

by Yizuman 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

bravo Yiz! keep up the good work. where can I find that quote about new light and old light?

Ravyn

• blackout
    blackout

LOL maybe they have new light on "new Light"

1881 February edition of the Zion's Watchtower, "A new view of truth can never contradict a former truth. New Light never extinguishes old light but adds to it," (p. 188).
  • shamus
    shamus

Hee Hee!

Reading all these comments makes me want to ask,

Are you counting your time????

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Someone should have an Apostatic Ministry School so that we can be prepared to respond to like that when there is an opportunity.

• greven
    greven

Orbiting that is not a bad idea an Apostatic Ministry School! Maybe an idea to have a subject folder like this on the site!

Greven

• obiwan
    obiwan

Oh man talk about can't touch this, good job.By the way Indpls is my old stomping ground, how is it around there?

• Hamas
    Hamas

She either

a) Went away feeling happy that she has found somebody with so much interest for 'the truth'

or

b) Decided never to go to that bus stop again and ran a mile.

I vote option ( a.

Good work Yiz, and good luck, amigo.

• freein89
    freein89

hopefully you got her thinking, when I began having serious doubts I was still going out in service and I used the old ask a question routine to draw out the householder, only by then I was asking questions because I actually wanted the answers. I called on the door of a Methodist minister, I asked her a lot of questions, I really wanted her answers. I still kept up the old party line though. When I was leaving she said, " You know I have spoken to a lot of Jehovah's Witnesses when they come to my door, but there is something really different and genuine about you, I have enjoyed our conversation." Little did she know that she was witnessing to me!!!

Its hard but we should be kind to them (JW's) because we may be talking to someone with doubts and coming on too strong may drive them back in, if they are poking out a little. I guess that sounds a little crude, but you know what I mean.

• Lisa Lefteye
  • lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Welcome Lisa Lefteye

Love your name.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit