1975 and so on.

by zachias 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

It wasn’t only the JWs who made an issue out of 1975. Herbert W Armstrong, of the Worldwide Church of God, also had much to say about that date, to the point of circulating a booklet entitled 1975 in Prophecy - a copy of which may be viewed through the following link www.hwalibrary.com/booklets/1975inProphecy

Of course, his predictions were no more accurate than anybody else’s!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I knew JW hierarchy were not being honest about the 1975 prediction ,but did I leave then ? no , I didnt leave till about 1993 .

When you have allowed yourself to be indoctrinated for so long ? It`s hard to break free.

I didn`t know back then that this was the second time the JW`s had said 6000 years of human existance had lived on Earth ,there was a much earlier one .

Off hand i can`t remember when .

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Smiddy3 wondered, "I didn`t know back then that this was the second time the JW`s had said 6000 years of human existance had lived on Earth ,there was a much earlier one .

Off hand i can`t remember when."

You may be thinking of 1925, but 1972 was also hinted at VERY indirectly: readers would have to do the arithmetic suggested in one of the WTB&TS books (I can't recall the title right now).

• deell_jade
    deell_jade

I wish the GB did these lame ass videos they do now when I was growing up in the 70s, 80s, 90s. I would have left when I turned 18 like some of my friends and never looked back. I can just see the minds of the teens today watching these babbling idiots and longing to turn 18 so they can’t get the hell out.

That’s what I love about these videos. I think I’ve heard more people wake up from watching the GB kooks than are actually watching them for spirituality. It makes it so obvious they are just a bunch of stupid, sex deprived old men. Babbling kooks is all they are……

• Earnest
    Earnest

Smiddy3 : I didn`t know back then that this was the second time the JW`s had said 6000 years of human existance had lived on Earth ,there was a much earlier one .

The 1973 book God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years has Approached, p.206, says :

• It is true that the editor and publisher of Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence calculated ... that the date of the first man's creation by Jehovah God was in the year 4128 B.C.E., which meant that six thousand years of man's existence on the earth ended in the year 1872 C.E., as calculated by Russell and his associates ... Two years, however, were allowed for the innocence of the perfect man and woman in the Garden of Eden before sin entered, and hence the year of sin's entrance was calculated as 4126 B.C.E. This resulted in their calculating six thousand years of sin as ending in 1874 C.E., in which year also, in the autumn, the seventh millenium began ...

This was first published by Russell in The Three Worlds in 1877, although at that time he thought the 6,000 years ended in autumn 1873 C.E. Nelson Barbour, a Second Adventist, was largely responsible for the contents of the book.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm pretty sure the book I couldn't recall was The Truth Shall Make You Free, Page 152, 1943 Edition.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I can just see the minds of the teens today watching these babbling idiots and longing to turn 18 so they can’t get the hell out.''

Don't worry.. All these babbling baffoons like AM3, Lett,, all them are their worst enemy. To reiterate what other youtubers say,,, going on WT Broadcast was one of the worst things they could have done in the social media age. WT, is it's worst enemy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit