1975 and so on.

by zachias 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• zachias
    zachias

Yes I was there.

when we were all told.. 1975 is the time. I was new to the jw thing but I knew then "That no man knoweth the day nor the hour....".

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5647286362177536/1975-on

• alanv
    alanv

The org say that they never pointed to a literal day or hour which is true. But they certainly said that the great tribulation was imminent and pointed to the mid seventies for that to happen. because of that there was a massive increase in members, followed by a large decrease in numbers when nothing whatsoever happened

• Overrated
    Overrated

"Stay alive till 75' " I was seven years old when I heard that. Now I'm fifty. The world still marches on.

• Overrated
    Overrated

"Stay alive till 75' " I was seven years old when I heard that. Now I'm fifty. The world still marches on.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"That no man knoweth the day nor the hour....".

But at the same time

"For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter* to his servants the prophets." ~ Amos 3:7

WT claimed to be Jehovah's prophet. (April 1, 1972 Watchtower, Pg 197). The Rank & File joyfully drank the Koolaid. They were "special".

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Only mindless idiots would believe in the GB opinions...

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

'' The world still marches on.''

&

It will continue to march on....

• scary21
    scary21

They said something to the effect " In order for Jesus to be what he said he was "king of the sabbath'" the end of the 6 thousand years of man on earth is 1975 so then would start the seventh day, the sabbath.

So I take it Jesus lied right ?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Only mindless idiots would believe in the GB opinions...”

I guess then that we were all mindless idiots. But when you have been taught from a young age to expect the end of world system,and when the leaders drop hints that it is the time .... then you believe that “ this is it ! They must know something “

I guess it is because you want to believe...you have been prepped for such an announcement

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

What if you have been taught at a young age to question EVERYTHING, at to know GOD, instead of the Triune Joke of the churches...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit