The Enormity of what Simon Has Done

by berylblue 41 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

From another thread:

Simon is now probably Britain’s ‘public enemy number one’ in Watchtower eyes. His forum has helped so many escape from the organisation

You know, I never thought of it that way, but this is certainly true. It was an act of tremendous courage on Simon's part to create this board. It is an act of love to maintain and moderate this board (not to mention the resources of time, emotion and money he's selflessly given).

I don't know Simon at all, really, we don't seem to post on the same threads. But that doesn't matter; what he has done is simply amazing, when one thinks about it. I mentioned to Tim, my partner, that this was the best "board" I've ever encountered on the Internet in that every subject is permitted, along with an astonishing freedom of speech and expression in most cases. No place else on the 'net have I ever seen a board with such diversity of subjects permitted. We are permitted to post about most anything here, not just our experiences as a Witness. Sex, fashion, politics, family, cooking, religion, science, history...whatever. Truly amazing.

But I digress. I really want to let Simon how much I appreciate his courage, initiative, ingenuity, perserverance, time,patience and love. It takes a lot of love for unseen others to devote so much time to a forum which, while possilby troublesome at times, has proven to be such a haven for persons desperately looking for information, help, friendship, answers.

Thanks, Simon.

Rosemarie

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

here here!

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

We need a Simon in every country in the world!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Well spoken Rosemarie.

Simon.......WTBTS Enemy Number 1 !

• rocketman
    rocketman

This board does contain a very nice subject/topic mix. I'm here practically every day (can't recall the last time I missed a day). Great job Simon!

This board's helped a lot of people, myself included of course, especially in that now we know that there are people who feel like we do (and did) about being a jw and all that it involved.

• metatron
    metatron

Amen and amen

Thank you, Simon!

metatron

• Hamas
    Hamas

He certainly has done a great job and I am really grateful for his hard work.

• acsot
    acsot

Thank you Simon (and Rosemarie for starting this post) - this was the site most helpful to me in breaking free from the mind games of the WTS.

THANKS!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

And what about the sacrifices that Angharad makes in order for him to have done this?

(((((((((Simon and Angharad))))))))) We love you! We even named our new fish after you. Gorgeous red beta fish with lots of spunk!

Andi & Neil

• enigma
    enigma

Well put Rosemarie.

Thank you Simon and everyone that post's here and makes this board great!

Enigma

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit