why do you post?

by SpiceItUp 32 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Originally, to ask about doubts that I had as a JW(inactive, but still in). Searching here and following many of the links provided by ones here helped me to prove to myself that I wasn't making a mistake by no longer accepting the WTS as God's organization. At first I jumped back and forth as to wether I was making a mistake or not. Now that I know I'm no longer under the control of(or fear) the WTS I come by to see what news may be breaking about new or existing scandals and what "new light" has been dispensed by the WTS as shared by those who still attend meetings but come here incognito. And then I read something I feel I just have to add to or share an experience about. Occasionally I just have to try to make a joke about something that strikes me funny.

• sandy
    sandy
    Sometimes I don't reply since so many people have already expressed my opinions but it makes me think about things I would not have had it not been for reading this forum.

breal, I concur.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

It helps me relax. I enjoy reading what other folks have to say and if I can contribute to the topic I do so. I have learned so much from so many of you. Thanks.

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

I had been in isolation for 20 some years this has open the door for me for my healing process. And what I am doing is my story and examining my experiences with what is shared here. I copy my responses that will go into a journal.

I've done alot of family or orgin and journal my life . That was before being a jw.

Otherwise its pretty overwhelming to start out in the beginning. I am gratefull for this site.

Met alot of wonderful people here. Grateful for the opportunity.

OCW

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

I had been in isolation for 20 some years this has open the door for me for my healing process. And what I am doing is my story and examining my experiences with what is shared here. I copy my responses that will go into a journal.

I've done alot of family or orgin and journal my life . That was before being a jw.

Otherwise its pretty overwhelming to start out in the beginning. I am gratefull for this site.

Met alot of wonderful people here. Grateful for the opportunity.

OCW

• Xena
    Xena

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.
    Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.

Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go, where everybody knows your name,
    and they're always glad you came.
    You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same
    You wanna be where everybody knows your name.

You wanna go where people know, people are all the same,
    You wanna go where everybody knows your name.

You want to go where people know, people are all the same;
    You want to go where everybody knows your name.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

i post here because unclebruce doesn't

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Xena--- I agree

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

To ridicule, demean, belittle, chasitise, criticize. To encourage, upbuild, incite to love and fine works. cheeses.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

I have noticed that another topic has been started with a similar theme, so rather than kill that thread, and considering that I couldn't discover a way to link to this topic on the new one, I thought I would just resurrect this one.

Anyway - some things never change. (except that I misspelt chastise).

cheeses - the same yesterday, today, and forever. (boring you might say).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit