why do you post?

by SpiceItUp 32 Replies latest jw friends

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

seems its been awhile since we had one of these questions go round so I figured with all the newbies lately we shuld get a new one going. I get to do it cause well umm errr..... I've been here for over a year (and yes noone noticed *sniff* *sniff* but thats ok)

soooo without further ado on to the question at hand....

Why do you post here?

Could be many reasons or only 1, but I still wanna know.

Personally my reasons have changed since I first started here. I started because it was quite theraputic for me. I didn't know I had such a common bond with so many people all around the world. I had always felt very alone like I was the exception to the rule. Coming here has changed my viewpoint on that. Over the months I have grown quite a bit in many ways. Now my goal is to get my family out. I am dilligent and have finally gotten to the point where they are researching things...so when I post now its for knowledge as well as support in those endevours. Knowledge is power and I can use all I can get in my personal "warfare".

Cheers to you all

Spice of UADI (Unseen Apostate Directorate - International branch)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

oo that reminds me - i don't post here any more lol - cheers folks.. and remmember there's a wonderful world out there to explore

• Brummie
    Brummie

Cus I'm a guy who has the gift of the gab and why waste such a talent?

Brummie

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I've never been a JW, I started out for research only...... I must be addicted to the variety of people and their opinions. (Also, it keeps up my typing skills. )

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I wanted to understand the belief structure and the effect it has on its adherents. I found myself unable to read the official publications, so, in part, I was looking for versions I could read and understand. Believe it or not, I was looking for a way to have respect for JW as a religion, so I could be supportive of a JW friend and not allow it to interfere with the relationship. Oh, well.

• happyout
    happyout

Since my immediate family is still brainwashed, I came to this site to see if there were people who lived the weird tight rope life I live. To see if there were people who hate this religion as much as I do (even though I've been out for a long time) but don't let it consume their lives to the point where they can't have a normal conversation. To see if it was normal to harbor such animosity for a religion. To get ideas on how to open my family's eyes (none that have worked so far). Mostly, because I needed to "talk" to people who understand the "cult" and the scars that are left when you leave, but have loved ones still in.

Happyout (eternally grateful to Simon and Co. for this life saving site)

• City Fan
    City Fan

I have a lot of day to day contact with JW relatives and as a result spend a lot of time biting my lip!!!

What I can't say or choose not to say to them I can say here so I suppose it's therapeutic.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

shit brummies a bloke cat!! far out - you pussy blokes that sound like sheilas catch me out everytime! LOL - i'm defintely glad i rubbed out the invite for you to spend a night lap sitting and strok'n!

unclebruce

• enigma
    enigma

Spiceitup wrote:

I started because it was quite theraputic for me. I didn't know I had such a common bond with so many people all around the world. I had always felt very alone like I was the exception to the rule. Coming here has changed my viewpoint on that.

Same for me, I used to feel isolated. No one to talk with and share common experiences. Its great to relate to so many people who have went thru alot of the same things you have.

Happyout wrote:

To get ideas on how to open my family's eyes (none that have worked so far). Mostly, because I needed to "talk" to people who understand the "cult" and the scars that are left when you leave, but have loved ones still in.

Also same for me. I still have my father in and my sister in the org.

I also enjoy the posts about regular life and such. Its cool to be able to get an opinion or answer to something on your mind. And I like helping others if I can. I really don't vent or go around asking questions to my offline friends, its nice to have a place to do that. And sometimes I just get soooo bored and this is one of the coolest communitys online I have found.

Enigma

• stephaniesays
    stephaniesays

Although I have not lived as a JW for years-I moved out of my parents home when I was just 16-I have still had that part of me that was terrified. Terrified that my daughter would be killed at Armageddon because I had not raised her as a Witness, terrified that they may be "the truth", etc...I started posting on this site-well, more reading than posting at this point- but basically because of all of the info I have found here that has been proving to me to be the truth. I have always felt that the organization was very cult-like, but to really see that has been enormously helpful to me, and then to see their doctrines disproved over and over has also been a great help in allowingm e to officially get past it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit