BORN AGAIN-What Exactly does it Mean?

by teenyuck 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Since I seem to have offended some with my comments (MOI?!) on the gal in Texas who left that man to die, I thought I would start a new thread on this topic.

Why do so many christians, become christian again, and call themselves born again? Why not just say you decided to change directions and open your mind to a new idea? Why the *birth* stuff?

Frankly, the picture of GW, or any other adult, coming out of the *womb* makes me .

I see people who are *born again* and I see my step-mother(former now). She was Catholic and a party gal. Met my dad (former JW-DFd) and they settled into a life of fun and drugs. 8 years later she *found* Jesus. Where had he been? Cuba?

Now she ascribes to a doomsday born again faith. That's right. My dad traded in my mother (JW doomsdayer) for a born again doomsdayer. She is worse. She is a harridan. (always was-). To hear her speak of armageddon coming is eerie. She is convinced the end is around the corner. NUT JOB. IMHO.

Anyway, in Columbus, Ohio, we have a guy always in the news for being the born again minister rip-off artist. He is the guy who sells *healing waters*. Read toilet water. Literally. It has coliform in it. Read crap. Literally. He has a huge following of thousands, willing to fund his operations because he says he has *Jesus* in his heart. NUT JOB. IMHO.

I see all kinds of people who claim to be born again. They are so convinced that Jesus is their saviour that they seem unbalanced.

What am I missing? (Besides Jesus?)

• Hamas
    Hamas

I don't think you are missing much teeny.

I don't wish to offent anybody here, because the majority of those that call themselves Born Again are great people, but, from the preacher angle of it all, I think there is only one group more annoying; Jehovah's Witnesses.

Remember when Jesus told Nicodemus you must be 'Born again' to enter into the kingdom of God ? Well thats what they think. Apparently, they are Born Again but this time they have the real spirit of Jesus with them !

You know, I tried that once and my life went to shit. I gave the Born Again option a few months, and my life only got better when I decided to ditch it. If born again means struggling through your life, and having the mentality that when anything bad happens, rely on the Lord ...... If anything good happens, praise the Lord ! Then forget it, when I'm on my deathbed maybe I will change my mind.

Another fine example of a scripture misconstrued to fool millions.

• amen
    amen

There are all kinds of people who claim to be christians are they really christians.

There are all kinds of muslans, budhists etc..

It is just a name, in the end only the creator know who belongs to him.

A lot of pretenders in this world. That's why i think the Jw's are so concerned about Jw pretenders they ax them pretty quick, the elders want to know where one stand, are you in or not.

amen

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Whew! You've been all over the religious map!

My mom constantly says it was Jehovah who made something good happen and she did not pray hard enough when something bad happens. She prays for direction.

I tried that for years. All I got were sleepless nights. Then, if I fell asleep before I completed my prayer, we were told it was very insulting and Jehovah would be very angry. So I would wake up, cry and pray again for forgiveness for falling asleep--at night!

When something good happens, I can usually pin point why. I did something to affect the outcome. Same thing with bad. When I am being honest with myself. And taking responsibility for my actions. Which is pretty much every hour of every day.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    There are all kinds of people who claim to be christians are they really christians.

There are all kinds of muslans, budhists etc..

I am sorry, I am missing your point....

• Hamas
    Hamas
    Then, if I fell asleep before I completed my prayer, we were told it was very insulting and Jehovah would be very angry. So I would wake up, cry and pray again for forgiveness for falling asleep--at night!

LOL !!

I hear that. I remember being in exactly the same boat, sister .

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Then, if I fell asleep before I completed my prayer, we were told it was very insulting and Jehovah would be very angry. So I would wake up, cry and pray again for forgiveness for falling asleep--at night!

I remember struggling with that too. When I started attending my current church I spoke with my pastor about that. He just laughed and said, "Honey, why feel guilty about falling asleep in your Heavenly Father's arms at night? What better way to end your day!" I quit feeling guilty.

The idea of asking for forgiveness is important to me. It keeps me humble. But at the same time I had to change my perception of God being an angry, demeaning, check-mark making tyrant in heaven. He is a loving Father that wants the best for me and loves me. Any anguish I may experience here on earth will seem little to me once I reach heaven. JMO.

Andi

• Hamas
    Hamas
    "Honey, why feel guilty about falling asleep in your Heavenly Father's arms at night? What better way to end your day!"

He's good.

• neverthere
    neverthere

Born again is a term they use to show their new devotion to God. The term was brought about because accepting Jesus (this seems to be a common denomonater for BA's) as your saviour (whether for the first time as an adult or again after having left his fold) you are "reborn" into the world.

I on the other hand tell people I am a Born Again Pagan, not cause I believe it but because for the BAC's it makes them FLIP!!! LOL

Neverthere

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    Born Again Pagan

LOL!

What I don't understand is the denomination....do you remain a Catholic if you become born again? Is it considered a different sect?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit