Is it possible to nullify a baptism?

by idk123 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You could prove your baptism was illegitimate by another faith but not the JWS, its not in their operation.

The main reason the JWS DF people as it puts a dark cloak over these ones, to incite guilt, sin, evil and perhaps shame, that's the intent from their perspective.

I also dont think there is anything in the bible that relates to someone wanting to reverse or illegitimate a baptism ???

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

What are you talking about it means nothing so all you do is click your heels together three times and say I aint a W I aint a W.

• idk123
    idk123

Ha I wish

• Dubfounded_12
    Dubfounded_12

In short No.

this is from the shepherd book.

VALIDITY OF WRONGDOER’S BAPTISM

60. When dealing with a wrongdoer, the elders should not raise ques- tions about the validity of the individual’s baptism. If the individ- ual raises the issue, the elders may refer him to the February 15, 2010, Watchtower, page 22.

61. At times a wrongdoer will claim that his baptism is not valid and that he feels he is not accountable to a judicial committee be- cause he secretly engaged in wrongdoing shortly before he was baptized. If the elders had been aware of his serious wrongdo- ing committed just before baptism, likely they would not have ap- proved him for baptism. However, this does not necessarily mean that he did not make a valid dedication. Some individuals make a dedication long before their baptism; others have made a ded- ication shortly before. The elders are not in a position to read the heart and know for a certainty how Jehovah viewed the person at the time he was baptized. If the elders learn that a baptized individual secretly engaged in serious wrongdoing while he was an unbaptized publisher but the wrongdoing ceased before baptism, they should give counsel and encouragement. A judicial commit- tee should not be formed for prebaptism wrongdoing. (1 Cor. 6: 9-11) However, if the individual resumed serious wrongdoing af- ter baptism, the elders would generally deal with him on the ba- sis of what he has professed to be, a dedicated and baptized Christian, and would meet with him judicially.

62. There are rare occasions when it is obvious that the baptism was invalid because serious wrongdoing did not cease before bap- tism, even for a brief period of time. For example, it may be that at the time of baptism, the individual was living immorally with a member of the opposite sex or the same sex, was a member of a nonneutral organization, or something similar. If there are ques- tions, the Service Department should be consulted.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Something to consider and some people have done this.

They've gone back and asked to be reinstated, that means you would have to attend all meetings get shunned at these meetings for a time, then if the elders see that you've come back in a form of repentance, they would reinstate you..

After you can quietly fade and not get DFed, therefore your family wont be pressured to shun you.

• idk123
    idk123

Out of respect for the organization I want to refrain from resorting to that..

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think this was a possible loophole but was specifically closed down by the recent elders book. They seemed to allow for annulment on the basis of ongoing sin at time of baptism invalidating the baptism, but not on the basis of lack of comprehension at the time of baptism. But the society are onto the fact that some have tried to use this to avoid shunning and are not willing to make any concessions. As always, local elders and family may vary according to their understanding of the rules or willingness to bend them. Sorry I don’t have the reference.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Out of respect for the organization

Really out respect for an organization that promotes people too young in their lives to make that kind of commitment, from a lack of intellectual maturity ?

Have you even considered the corruption and damage this organization has caused people even suicides from breaking up families.

This isn't an organization that deserves respect, more like disrespect.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Where does the Bible say that baptism is required for membership of an organisation?

Doug

• tiki
    tiki

A minor cannot legally enter into a contract....so my personal opinion is that all baptisms prior to age of majority are all null and void.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit