The map of ex Jehovah's-Witnesses and their friends

by Roxie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Roxie
    Roxie

Hello,

I am an ex-JW and a member of this forum (not so active lately ;))

In Poland, we created a map of ex-JWs (and their friends ;)) to find former friends from the organization or to contact someone living close to them. Many people found each other after many years outside of the organization thanks to this tool. We think this is something very useful and we would like to show this tool to you. As you can see there are mainly Polish people (not only in Poland but in other countries as well) although it is changing nowadays.

You can have a look at the map here (there is a description in English):

The international map of ex Jehovah's Witnesses and their friends

The description you can find on the website:

* * * ENGLISH * * * Would you like to meet someone who is an ex-Jehovah's Witness? Check if someone lives in your area and make contact. Write me an email including information as these: a city/town you live in, your name (or a nickname), the way you would like to be contacted e.g. your phone number or e-mail. The information you provide along with your location will appear on the map. My e-mail address: [email protected]
    P.S. Remeber: share information about yourself on the Internet wisely.

A couple of months after my disassociation my uncle contacted me via this map - he found me although I didn't put my surname there - I just marked myself on the map in my city of origin and put my name and one of my email addresses (the one without my real surname). He knew that was me. He contacted me under a false name because he was so scared - he had woken up at that time and had no one to talk to. He was feeling very alone. At that period of his process of awakening, he was afraid of calling me on the phone. That's why I am so excited about this map. Thanks to it I could be of great help for my uncle.

We have a forum thread about it in Polish (if you would like to check how it started ;) :

the link to the ex-Jws forum in Polish (the thread about the map)

If you think this is something for you - feel free to join other users of this map! :) Also, if you would like to help us translating the description into other languages or if you would like to share the idea of the map - contact me via PM. We will be very happy to cooperate with you ;)

• steve2
    steve2

Hi Roxie, I heard that there are many active ex-JWs in Poland. Is that right?

• Roxie
    Roxie

Oh! Yes, that's right :) There are many active ex-es here. They are thinking all the time how to help other people that are still trapped in the Tower (Watchtower), I truly admire their efforts :)

• Searril
    Searril

Brilliant.

I see there are quite a number in the USA on the map. I just might put myself on this thing. I'd hate to think someone near me needed an ear on their journey out of the Watchtower and I hadn't made myself available to talk.

• Roxie
    Roxie

Wow! Searril, great 😃 i am happy to hear this. Yes, that's the idea: to find old friends or to help people in crisis. Maybe you will find someone you know there 😆

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I want to bump this as I think it's very important. Roxie there are lots of people here who would be interested I'm sure. Its so lovely you found your uncle. I'm thinking I should put my name down too!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I couldn't see Peterborough UK on the map. I was an elder in the Polish congregation.

I speak a little Polish as my grandchildren are half Polish. Their Mum was never a Jobo, she is a sort of Catholic.

• Roxie
    Roxie

Diogenesister, feel free to send and email to Robert - and he will mark you on the map B-)

Yes, believe me - the fact that my uncle found me was very moving! B-). Feel free to tell others about the map.

Punkofnice! Dzień dobry! (Good morning 😄) how nice 😆 yes there are no people in Peterborough. Maybe it will change ;-) have you everything been to Poland? 😁 i am curious, don't know if you want to write about it 😁 just asking you can write me a PM. 😀 Do zobaczenia! (See you later) 😄

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

good to hear

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Punkofnice! Dzień dobry! (Good morning 😄) how nice 😆 yes there are no people in Peterborough. Maybe it will change :wink: have you everything been to Poland?

Dzień dobry. Dobze.

Poland is on my list of places to visit.

😁 i am curious, don't know if you want to write about it 😁 just asking you can write me a PM. 😀 Do zobaczenia! (See you later) 😄

What would you like me to write about? Perhaps I can PM you or depending on what it is I can write here.

Some of them called me Brat Spokko because I used to say spokko a lot.

Ok. cześć.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit