The District Convention, AKA things the WTS could never get away with putti

by Winston Smith :>D 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry

Abaddon, I think you are over reacting slightly. I can't answer for Hamas but what he said was absolutely correct, I can't remember the last time I saw a black kid dressed in the way described, but I've certainly seen plenty of white kids. I would say it is alot more of a 'white' thing than a 'black' thing, in my area there is an art college and the vast majority of the kids there are white and a large percentage of them dress exactly like that. And by their attitudes I would describe alot of them as 'losers', they do seem to be stuck in the early 90's, and there are plenty of Nirvana t-shirts to be seen. I think to say that Hamas was being racist was a total overreaction and it doesn't really matter whether they are black, white, or turquoise, he was just pointing out that kids DO still dress like that in the UK and on the whole they tend to be white. Just an observation, not a judgement.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Winston, you said: This was my first convention as an "apostate" as I have just awoken to the WTS a couple of weeks ago.

What was the thing that finally woke you up?

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

hi cyberguy,

you can find some of my story here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/53746/2.ashx

Thx,

Winston.

• rocketman
    rocketman

It's always cool getting these Convention reports from poor souls who have to sit through it all. Your perseverance is commendable, Mr. Smith!

As for those whose marriages are experiencing difficulty and who are having problems in other areas, well, I guess sometimes going to all those meetings, etc, doesn't amount to much in the way of day-to-day help for practical living. In fact, having to live life as a jw often has a negative effect on people's lives, since it's an added pressure on them.

As far as the booze stuff goes, I guess they had this coming - the scriptures about turning water in wine and taking some wine for a sick stomach were bound to have jws thinking that they were allowed at least one little "vice".

• Hamas
    Hamas

Home and dry, thankyou for the clarification on my points.

That is exactly what I meant, and I think Abaddon did over react. Racism was not something I intended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit