The District Convention, AKA things the WTS could never get away with putti

by Winston Smith :>D 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I couldn't resist leaning in to my wife and saying, "yes, except for poor people on islands who need their 2nd visit from the CO."

I got a look for that.

Yeah...I got quite a couple of those "looks" when I questioned my wife about the WT glorifying of a young girl defying her parents going door to door also.

• SYN
    SYN

One thing that always puzzled me is this: when you clap at a Convention after somebody makes a stupid statement of some sort, does that mean you agree or disagree?

Maybe if you stomp your feet it means that you don't agree? I dunno

• chester
    chester

Winston,

Thank you for letting us in on happenings at the District Convention.

I have not seen anyone mention what the Drama was about this year.

Can you tell us what the theme was?

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

the drama will be covered in part 6/6in my series of attending the convention after having the veil lifted from my eyes. it basically covered how much the world hates JW's and climaxed with the stoning of Stephen. It pretty much sickened me, because then it equated that event in bible history to JW's not taking blood and dying.

Thx for the interest

Winston.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Just to be totally anal, if you are referring to Max Larson, he is not a member of the GB. He is much more powerful than that, as he is the President of the WTB&TS of New York, and a member of the newly formed U.S. Branch committee. But since he is not of the anointed, he is not on the GB.

I keep up on Max cause I sat next to him for my one and only week spent at Bethel. At the time I did not realize just how big a player he was. He was at our DC last year.

• shamus
    shamus

Sorry, everyone! I couldn't read through all your comments; I'm laughing too hard!

Curt Cobain "Grunge" look? OMG, that look went out like in 1992! (I think...) how can they be so behind the times! I remember them talkiing about Michael Jackson in the late 80's, when nobody listened to him. Gimme a break! They're a bunch of old men!

What about this drinking thing.... you're not supposed to feel anything? Isn't there a scripture about drink making sad souls happy? It's okay to get tipsy for cryin' out loud, as long as you don't do it every day. That is what a DRUNKARD is. However, the WTS is still sooo stupid!

And, the comments about when the end is coming... and the resulting conversation....

I think that going to the DC would have been fun! Oh well....

Thank you so much for the insider scoop on this!

Shamus

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

I decided not to go to the DA. I almost did, but opted to go fishing with one of my buddies instead. Heh, heh.

Anyway, I still associated with them shortly after the DA. What really got me is when they talked about the people who put on the skits and the amount of time they had to have spent practicing. But yet don't they constantly drill into the average person's mind that he/she must spend the vast majority of his/her free time either studying, attending meetings, or going out in field service?

Now if these JW actors are putting gobs of time into producing skits that last only a few minutes and only shown during conventions, then how in the world are they putting in time studying and all that happy jazz?

Plus one lady talked about how kids got their pictures taken with the actors. I about s*** my pants. Don't they also make a big deal about idol worshipping? What do they call this?

Hypocrites!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Now if these JW actors are putting gobs of time into producing skits that last only a few minutes and only shown during conventions, then how in the world are they putting in time studying and all that happy jazz?

As long as their energies are JW focused, all is well.

• greven
    greven

Winston, so you were the ass in assembly heheheh.

I remember that when I started to see, I also started to pay more attention to little details in talks and the mags....

Thanks for the update!

Greven

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I'm afriad not, amigo.

The loser white kids wear all that kind of crap in the UK. You know the type; the teenage angst kids that want to be so so different ? Well, so different they are all the same !

Only a select band of these losers walk the streets, thank god, but i'm afraid that particular fashion hasn't been fully diminished as yet.

Hamas, I think you'd complain if someone said as an aside to ethinic clothing (like the salwar kameez, or the typical Paletinian-style headscarf);

"All the loser immigrant kids wear all that kind of crap in the UK. You know the type; the teenage angst kids that want to be so so different ? Well, so different they are all the same !

Only a select band of these losers walk the streets, thank god, but i'm afraid that particular fashion hasn't been fully diminished as yet."

I think you'd be offended if someone said regarding black urban clothing styles;

"All the loser black kids wear all that kind of crap in the UK. You know the type; the teenage angst kids that want to be so so different ? Well, so different they are all the same !

Only a select band of these losers walk the streets, thank god, but i'm afraid that particular fashion hasn't been fully diminished as yet."

... frankly, I think your attitude smacks of racism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit