Why is there a large cat in this picture?

by slimboyfat 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TD
    TD

I did not realize that JW artists were allowed this degree of expression.

In years past, whenever you saw an illustration in JW literature that made you stop and think, like this was does, it was plagiarized from another source.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Truth_be_known You sure that isn't the Cheshire Cat and Alice?

That's what I was thinking! It looks like an illustration from a magical children's book.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

It sure looks like a reprint of something from an old book; if so, they should cite the source.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

To me it looks like the panther is about to eat her.

That being said, if these animals are truly vegetarian, they would biologically no longer be nocturnal, a large animal would not find enough food at night and need daylight to discriminate between edible and inedible vegetation. Also they would be morphologically different, large animals with huge energy budgets need huge storage and lots of food processing, think cows. Humans and cats as vegetarians would have to be so different to survive.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Am I the only one who sees the legs coming out of an opening in the ground beneath her?

I also see a half face to the left of the tree.... wearing sunglasses.

This looks very occultic.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Has anyone tried one of those image search things in case it is from another source?

Some of the pictures are a bit unusual in this book, though. Or perhaps I’m just not used to the new Watchtower style.

The picture of the new system in chapter 22 looks like a planet on Star Trek to me.

• johnamos
    johnamos

‘“And I will make a covenant of peace with them, and I will rid the land of vicious wild beasts..

‘“And I will conclude with them a covenant of peace, and I shall certainly cause the injurious wild beast to cease out of the land,..

First off, as far as what the Scripture states and what the WTS artist painted, their is no basis to paint this cat in the tree. The Scripture states that Jehovah will rid/cause to cease the wild beasts from out of the land. So that cat (wild beast) should not even be depicted in the picture.

Second, that context of that verse is not talking about actual animals as being the wild beasts, it is referring to men, the evil shepherds that do harm, that they will no longer be there. (be gotten rid of/cease from out of the land)

Lookup — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY (jw.org)

Likewise:

Isaiah 35:8 And a highway will be there, Yes, a way called the Way of Holiness. The unclean one will not travel on it. It is reserved for the one walking on the way; No one foolish will stray onto it. 9 No lion will be there, And no vicious wild beasts will come on it. They will not be found there; Only the repurchased ones will walk there.

(Matthew) Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves.

(Acts) I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among you

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Plus the owl and the fireflies. What’s going on in this picture?

I seem to have lost my ability to post pictures. I attempted to post a pre-Raphaelite painting with fireflies and a picture of the new system in the same Pure Worship book with Sci-Fi type platforms and buildings in the landscape.

Pre-Raphaelite paintings feature young women sleeping in the forest with fireflies too. (Don’t know about owls) The picture seems to be more closely related to that genre than anything in the book of Ezekiel.

I found a pre-Raphaelite painting of a woman with an owl.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d7/0b/2e/d70b2e8ca930ddc32bfc962f7e7bcc1c.png

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

slimboyfat:

The picture of the new system in chapter 22 looks like a planet on Star Trek to me.

I also noted this in my review (along with comments on various pictures throughout). I couldn’t find any other source for the sci-fi looking buildings.

Also check out the ‘rebellious’ face of one of the women in the bottom left of page 232.

(Both covered in chapter 22.)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

See Breeze:

Am I the only one who sees the legs coming out of an opening in the ground beneath her?

Probably, until you point out what people are ‘meant’ to see, and then some may agree. See also Pareidolia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit