by IslandWoman 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

If I am a demon, then they made me one.

Tammy

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman
    We don't need no stinking balanced thinking,

Well said Francois. Let no man accuse you of such.

IW

• Francois
    Francois

Or women, either for that matter. "Balanced thinking" is a JW code word for "think as we do." Surely you've noticed.

Slice it and dice it any way you like, IW, that's what it means to me and to a lot of exJWs who were paying attention to the technicalities of what was happening to them, try as you might to make of it a personal insult.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Damn right, Francois.

the WT has wasted most of my life . Correction. I have wasted most of my life, due the missinformation and unbalanced thinking that I learned from Brooklyn . Many people have suffered a great deal more than me, some well loved posters on this board come readily to mind.

There are still people out there who need to be educated and every poster on this board plays a part in that movement .

This is no time for forgeting and leaving others to there fate.

Yes be balanced in mind and be happy. But I want always to be a part of the Ex JW community that reaches out to others that are still hoodwinked by the Borg

• Valis
    Valis

They come w/their own demons don't you know.. The thing on the right is an Awake that got thrown into the fire on my vacation...jerks leaving them in the restrooms...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• little witch
    little witch

That is just too creepy !!!

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

This is something I occasional see on some threads - some minor detail about the WT is blown completely out of proportion. But, on the whole, I think most on this forum make valid points and are reasonably fair in their critiques about the Borg.

It's also noteworthy that a lot of what we point out isn't necessarily the WT doing something wrong. Rather, it's that what they're doing is completely hypocritical to the standard they hold everyone else too. For example, I have no problem with a religious organization being an NGO member with the UN. But it's the WT calling the UN the "wild beast" that makes the association such a scandal. Or that it says that Elders reporting crimes to the police is a "conscience" matter - but then tells couples they can't hold hands during meeting. Strain out the gnat - gulp down the camel.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Yes, some were DF, some have lost children to the blood issue, some are shunned by family and friends and they are also unable to see their grandchildren and have been prevented from attending the wedding of their own son or daughter. Yet, they move on. The Watchtower is no longer a god but neither is it a satan. For them, it is simply nothing.

If something has affected your life that greatly then it will be very difficult to move on, especially when you know it is still affecting other people in the same ways. Would it be right to "move on" when you know others will be hurt as well? Whether or not the organization has bad intentions isn't really important. They are damaging people's well being, some have been damaged more than others.

It is also true that many of the things JWs are criticized for are being done by other religions. The difference is that JWs set themselves up as the one "true" religion. They put down other religions but do the exact same things in a secretive way. So I see nothing wrong with them being called out even over seemingly small matters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit