How would a JW respond to this question?

by Oxnard Hamster 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Before I met my first JW after going off to college, I came from a town of about 3,000 people. The town is primarily various Protestant denominations, Catholic, and Mormon, but certainly no JWs. As a matter of fact, I hung out with people who had friends of varying religions and denominations, but I never heard anything about a JW.

Now, let's suppose that hypothetically, the JWs have the truth. Considering their stance on other "false religions", had I stayed in my home town of 3,000, would I be better of joining a church of my choice, or should I just sit on my laurels and wait for a JW to come get me? What if I never met a JW? Would I still be doomed on Armageddon?

How do you think a JW would respond to this question?

• Hamas
    Hamas

They would reply :

Those that have never heard the Witness ( Jehovah's ) message are saved at Armageddon. God will not hold it against you if you don't hear the message before the big day. However, If you hear it THEN reject it, you are cannon fodder, my friend.

Welcome to the board, amigo

www.escapethewatchtower.com

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

Hi Oxnard Hamster!

You posed an interesting question and Hamas's answer just begs the question:

Those that have never heard the Witness ( Jehovah's ) message are saved at Armageddon. God will not hold it against you if you don't hear the message before the big day. However, If you hear it THEN reject it, you are cannon fodder, my friend.

It would seem to me that by going door-to-door spreading the 'word' and taking the chance that people will reject the message due to poor presentation, the JWs would responsible for more people dying at Armageddon than being saved. If God judges you on your own merit until the day at JW comes to your door, then judges you solely on your reaction to them, the JWs would 'save' a lot more people if they stayed home.

Silverleaf

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    It would seem to me that by going door-to-door spreading the 'word' and taking the chance that people will reject the message due to poor presentation, the JWs would responsible for more people dying at Armageddon than being saved. If God judges you on your own merit until the day at JW comes to your door, then judges you solely on your reaction to them, the JWs would 'save' a lot more people if they stayed home.

LOL! Never thought of it that way. I guess if you brought this to their attention, they would simply say they are trying to spread the good news like Jesus commanded.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    What if I never met a JW? Would I still be doomed on Armageddon?

Yep.

w52 6/1 pp. 344-345 Fixing Destinies in This Judgment Period ***

COMMUNITY

RESPONSIBILITY
    In view of the eternalness of the destruction of those slain by Jehovah at Armageddon, some will ask about those who may not personally hear the message, especially in some lands that prohibit the witness work. In addition to family responsibility the Bible shows a communal or community responsibility, where a community upholds or goes along with rulers that persecute Jehovah’s people or are otherwise wicked. Did not the Egyptians suffer plagues because of Pharaoh’s hardness? (Ex. 5:1, 2; 9:13-16) Did not the Amalekites suffer for generations afterward because of Amalek’s opposition to Israel in the wilderness? (Ex. 17:8, 14, 16) King Saul brought trouble on Israel years after his death. (2 Sam. 21:1) David’s sins brought punishment upon the people. (2 Sam. 12:10-23; 24:10-17) Some relate some of this to ruler punishment rather than community responsibility, but it does show how the sins of one can affect many. It was unquestionably community responsibility when Achan trespassed and brought a military defeat on Israel. (Josh. 7:5, 13-21) Wicked men brought destruction upon the entire city of Gibeah, and those who supported Gibeah or merely refrained from helping punish her suffered with her. (Judg. 19:22-30; 20:40; 21:9, 10) Because King Jehoram of Judah deflected from God the nation went wrong and was punished. (2 Chron. 21:11-15) If idolatry started in a city in Israel and corrupted the inhabitants the city was destroyed. And other examples could be given. (Gen. 12:17; 20:9, 17; 26:10; Deut. 13:12-18) Matthew 10:14, 15, 23 shows households or cities that are unreceptive to the message will find judgment day unendurable. The principle applies on a national scale also.

SS

• Satanus
    Satanus

*** w52 6/1 p. 351 Questions from Readers ***

The "equal opportunity" argument is spawned by the human tendency to overrate human importance. We must not commit Adam and Eve’s blunder of trying to decide what is good and what is evil, what is just and what is unjust. (Gen. 3:4-6, 22) We must be willing to dismiss our own thoughts to make room for God’s thoughts, and bend our thinking to conform to the principles of God as shown in his Word, even on this point of family and community responsibility. (Isa. 55:8, 9) Ridding ourselves of prejudiced, biased human views, we can view matters as God does, appreciating the great Potter’s power over creatures of clay, that he can make one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use, that through the one he can show forth his glory and mercy and through the other he can show after much long-suffering his righteous wrath against what is evil. If Jehovah chooses to do something, "What of it? O man, who, then, really are you to be answering back to God?" (Rom. 9:24, 20, NW

• blondie
    blondie

9/1/89 WT p. 19
    Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil.

I think that is pretty clear what JWs think about who will survive "the end."

Blondie

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

'my sheep will hear my voice, and they WILL come out...' if you don't hear it or come out---you are not a sheep anyway---so dont worry about it. Either JWs will find you or you will die.

Ravyn

• Soledad
    Soledad

I know that my mom's typical answer is to look up Zephaniah 2:3

3 Seek the LORD , all you humble of the land,
    you who do what he commands.
    Seek righteousness, seek humility;
    perhaps you will be sheltered
    on the day of the LORD's anger.

and she always concludes that all those who have the "proper heart condition" will find Jehovah, even if a JW never reaches your doorstep.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Oxnard, wait till you study the doctrine of "family merit" with the Witness recruiters. This is the essential salvation doctrine of the Jehovah's Witnesses that removes a child's protection from God by virtue of a relative's work for the publishing corporation, at puberty. It's a fascinating study. You will need to ask your recruiters for a Watch Tower Publishing Corporation produced CD so you can understand these teachings of truth:-)

Gary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit