A question for those churchgoing ones...forgiveness

by ashitaka 68 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

DJ, your follow up is very interesting. I see that we both felt the same way at times, especially when under the WT yoke (which always seemed to me to differ from yoke Jesus mentioned at Matthew 11:28-30). I like how you phrased the Spirt's conviction as a "gentle reminder". I guess it's like (or should be like) a healthy parent-child relationship. We watch over our children and help them along without harping on the small points.

• DJ
    DJ

rocketman,

Yes, exactly. I need it! Sometimes when I am in the middle of a sentence I feel the coaxing and stop right in the middle. lol. When I consider what the coaxing was for...I realize that I was either about to or was in the middle of saying something that I would later regret in some way. Ahhh, controllong the tongue!! Oh, how I need that at times. There is no fear in conviction anymore for me. It is what the Holy Spirit does after all. love, dj

ps. Always nice to talk with you.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Thank you DJ same here ...always a pleasure chatting w you.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Aww. . how sweet! Are you both single?

• DJ
    DJ

LOL Stink, no... we are both happily married with kids. Get your head out of the gutter...lol

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

DJ-

I was just askin'! I thought maybe I could make a love connection . Forgive me?

• DJ
    DJ

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Have I told you lately, that I.....whoops. I almost forgot that this was a religous thread.

• Realist
    Realist

well imo the whole issue of forgiveness requires the existance of sin which requires the existance of free will. since free will as a property independant from the physical world does not exist the whole concept of forgiveness is outdated.

PS: Stinky are you single???

• rocketman
    rocketman

LOL @ SP!

Come to think of it, I haven't heard of any board romances here lately......time to start a thread on that?

Now, back to religion......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit