A question for those churchgoing ones...forgiveness

by ashitaka 68 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    I used to be constantly aware of my "sinfulness" even in the smallest matters. The problem was, this left me with feelings of constant guilt.

You know, that happened to me too. Not a pleasant feeling, doing everything 'right' and still feeling guilty. Never again.

ash

• rocketman
    rocketman

Oh, one more thing - DJ, sweetie, I am in no way contending with what you said. I quoted your statement because it really hit on what I was thinking as I read the thread. I simply am expanding on the thought as it applies to me and some of the things I think about. ((((((DJ))))))

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

This thread just highlights how dangerous religion can be. Here you have people in a religion that on the one hand has a history of bloodshed... now going so far the other way that they won't deal appropriately with child rape.

To believe the bible is the inspired word of god is insane... and trying to reconcile it's words, well... from that often springs forth all sorts of insanity.

The only christians I can stand to be around anymore, are those who value simple humanism above bible exegisis. Fortunately, that is more common than I might have once thought, though not nearly common enough.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    believe in what the scriptures say, and yes if a person that does bad things all there life and just before they die except Christ then according to the bible they are saved

I still believe in a loving God of mercy (for everyone, of course, but me). I can not see where a just God would refuse to give everlasting life to an atheist who did good works all her life. I NEVER accepted the Org's thoughts on that one.

While I still have faith in God (which is waning fast, I have to admit), I have to believe that God loves us all, and is not so petty as to destroy a genuinely good hearted person merely because that person refused to believe he existed.

Rosemarie

• KGB
    KGB

I think that some of you really got a conscience problem. I have never pushed my beliefs on any one here no more than any of you have pushed your beliefs here also. I guess stinky you think you got all the answer and all the rights and everyone who does believe in god should just shut up ? am I right in saying that ? I have just as much right to post my beliefs here as you do, and anything I have said here has come from the heart as well as from the words that give me hope and peace. I think that , that makes some of you jealous or something, you act upset that I can find peace in something other than yourselves. Well guess what your not gong to break me and your not going to get me angry because I just will not go there with you at all, if all I get here is bitterness everytime I make a post then I will not have anything to do with it. Simple as that. I didn't come here to argue or to put others down or to be put down so I say to some of you grow up and get a grip, because your stinkin up the place....

• KGB
    KGB

berylblue,

Now tell me why would God want to save a person who does not and will not except his existance. Am I supposed to know you if I never met you or never read any of your post here? That was just insane what you just said...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You're just a tad bit thin skinned, aren't ya there KayGeeBeeGee? Relax, god'll kill us all in his great day anyway. Then you can take our stuff!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

KGB-

I respect your beliefs. That is the first thing I said to you in the other discussion. I am not trying to anger you. I'm not angry.

I do not think that I have all of the answers, I've never said that. If I say something that you don't agree with, I welcome your response, but don't be mad when I ask you to question what you are saying.

You said these word:

Why do you [athiests] continuly try to tear us down for what we find peace in.

and

I have never pushed my beliefs on any one here no more than any of you have pushed your beliefs here also.

So do we athiests push our beliefs or not?

But seriously, I don't consider you pushing yourself, and I don't see me pushing you. I thought we were discussing different viewpoints.

Here's a hug --->> ((KGB)) and no hard feelings, okay?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    Now tell me why would God want to save a person who does not and will not except his existance.

Why? Because, for a God to be truly good, he would be able to understand the reasons behind a person's belief or disbelief, and see their hearts. That is, if God is all knowing. If not, he's just some guy up above who doesn't answer prayers, who arbitrarily kills people according to how he's feeling that week.

ash

• little witch
    little witch

I would like to say in KGB's defense, the title of this thread is, A QUESTION FOR THOSE CHURCHGOING ONES....

I guess what is confusing is the answers from athiest and so forth.

It seems churchgoers were ask specifically, then attacked for their answers.....

( Dee runs to hide)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit