How Would You Prove To A JW That They Are Wrong?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

The old maxim applies: “A man (or woman) convinced against his/her will is of the same opinion still.”

• minimus
    minimus

I think there are a lot of Witnesses who simply go through the motions maybe because of family or friends. Where else can they go for their social life? They have no other friends or family.

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

People generally do not move away from their ideological position (whether political or religious) unless they undergo an impacting negative experience on their own.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

There's an abundance of youtube videos which can help with 'critical thinking' about the Borg. There's a lot of information on the internet, but you have to take some of it with a grain 'of salt' sometimes.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

I'm focusing more on planting a seed in them. Hopefully, in due time the seed I planted along with other issues that come up in their lives will make them start to question their beliefs.

• minimus
    minimus

Being a JW is a negative experience.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Any date setting of Christ's return by man is against biblical sculpture of the instructions laid out by Jesus himself, so scripturaly JWS are false Prophets.

The leaders of the WTS made themselves into false Prophets and lured in other people to immerse in their sin.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

You wouldn't be able to prove to any Jehovah's Witness anything you just plant seeds and hope for the best,, to a long time member close to or in their retirement years I wouldn't usually try, why pull the rug from under them when they are so close to the end of their life/membership to the corporation? It all depends on what good would it do in the final out come.

But if an elderly JW was to ask me question my replies would be(I hope) with his best interest. I'm all for a gentle removal of JWs from the cult, and the eventual demise of this evil mind controlling cult, but people are people and we should care what's going to happen to those JWs that we help awaken from the Watchtower dream/utopia. Just plant seeds and let nature take it's course and enjoy your new found freedom from these dumb bastards.

• Jerryh
    Jerryh

Vanderhoven7, do you have the reference for this one? and thks for your posts Jerryh

2. Is it written or beyond what is written to say that the heavenly class was numerically complete in 1935?
    (We don't teach that anymore)
    • But you did teach that for over 70 years, right up till 2007.

• johnamos
    johnamos
    What could you say to prove to a Witness that they simply do not have The Truth?

It isn’t about showing them they are wrong it is about showing you people here that you don't understand anything about the Bible. Everything that JW’s are taught and believe is correct according to the Bible, even thou it is not true and mostly all lies.

Only when you understand Ezekiel 13:1-16, will you understand what I mean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit