Just threw away...

by stephanie61092 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092

So even though I don't drive much because public transit is so good where I live (and parking is a living nightmare), I always had a paper taped onto my glove box that said "No blood transfusions - Jehovahs Witness. See legal documentation in wallet."

Going through this "wake up" process as been a very crazy, emotional experience. I wasn't sure how I felt about blood anymore. I still don't know. But right now, I feel uncomfortable saying "no I refuse all blood if a doctor ever says I need it."

So as of 5 minutes ago, I pulled that paper out of my car and threw it in the garbage. I no longer carry the blood card either. It's a very strange feeling right now.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I remember doing that myself. It's odd how much of a pull that piece of indoctrination has - it took me a week or so after waking up to tear up my card. At that point I was ready to admit to myself that I was an atheist but for some reason I still had some hesitation. Luckily that went away reasonably quickly. No regrets at all on tearing that thing up.

As some have said here, that card was a suicide note that you carried with you. Now that you're not planning to die, it's time to get busy living!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    steph: So as of 5 minutes ago, I pulled that paper out of my car and threw it in the garbage. I no longer carry the blood card either. It's a very strange feeling right now.

I imagine you do feel strange - you no longer have a "blood identity".

The noblood card is like an identity card - it identifies you as rejecting blood ties to a larger community. The noblood card identifies you as belonging to a rare blood group - a blood group that has DIE written all over it.

Well....welcome to the real world, Steph. The world where lives DO matter and where blood can be used to save and improve lives.

*to add - this is a huge step, Steph, and one that is critical for deprogramming from cult thinking. So many people are able to reject the WT doctrine on pretty much everything except the blood issue. And why??? If the WTS will lie about the Bible, why would they tell the truth about no blood??

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I think it took me a solid year or two after waking up before I got rid of the blood card. The symbolic gesture of it was powerful.

I saw it as a point of no return moment and was very hesitant to pull the trigger. Congrats on moving forward.

• Londo111
  • No Longer a JW Brother
    No Longer a JW Brother
    I remember back in the day when you would see someone with a NO Blood card and you knew right away they were JWs. There was a brother in my old hall who had these NO Blood keyrings made and he was selling them for $30. We all knew he paid $5 to have them made. Always looking to make a buck off a brother. Where's the love? Peace.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Going through this "wake up" process as been a very crazy, emotional experience. I wasn't sure how I felt about blood anymore.

Deja vue. I donated blood for the first time this week. At first, I felt like I was committing the unforgivable sin.

Doc

• Giordano
    Giordano

I never saw the point of refusing a life saving blood transfusion. Funny how Jesus never even mentioned it.

Back when this particular brand of WT lunacy started in the mid 1940's think how dangerous any surgery was. In the mid 1960's when my wife and I left the JW's surgery was still dangerous. Today It's greatly improved but blood is still often the difference between living or dying.

Think about how many JW children died needlessly for want of a blood transfusion, JW's who needed open heart surgery but couldn't get it without a blood transfusion to keep them alive. JW's fighting cancer who need to bring up their white cell count. What about a Traumatic injury and a person simply bleeds out.

Remember Jonestown? Entire families drank the poisoned kool aid and 913 died.

Google Jonestown and look at that field filled with the dead. This was a one time event. However the JW's could fill up that same field with needless deaths each and every year!

How many died before their time because of an ignorant rule and miss applied doctrine since 1945? The Watch Tower Society relied on discarded, centuries-old medical beliefs, to support its assertion that blood transfusions are the same as eating blood. A 1990 Watch Tower brochure on blood quoted a 17th-century anatomist to support its view.

Personally anyone reading this who carries a no blood card around is carrying a suicide note. Sad but true.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    Ditched mine when I faded. The contact info had already been outdated for quite some time anyway!
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    I remember how nervous I was to tear mine up. Like somehow I'd get in an accident and be left without God's approval. I also tore up my kids minor identity cards. Once I was over the fear and guilt I felt great and still do!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit