Just threw away...

by stephanie61092 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• steve2
    steve2

Improvements in surgical procedures are a total waste of time in Emergency Departments in cases of massive sudden blood loss as occurs in motor vehicle accidents where the luxury of careful preparation is not an option.

There is no safe bloodless substitute in emergencies. The only option is death from massive blood loss.

JWs live in la-la land by signing these cards and leaving them in their wallets/purses or (puzzlingly) vehicle glove compartments.

Besides, JWs leaving their cards in their vehicle's glove compartments have got to be crazy.

Even allowing for their perfect right to refuse life-saving emergency treatment, if the card is not on the person, it virtually does not exist. Do they imagine hospital clinicians will prise open the crumpled mass of the vehicle just to find out details of the driver and/or passengers' identity and advance directives tapped to glove compartments?

Have they seen what a typical smashed up dashboard looks like or how inaccessible it becomes following major smashes?

Once survivors are cut out of crashed vehicles and whisked off to Emergency Departments, it may be days before the wreck can be thoroughly inspected - and not by hospital staff but crash inspectors. Sheesh. Religious fundamentalists and their fear-based "stands" against life-saving blood transfusions are in a reserved class of utter dimwits - and I was one of them having my card taped to the inside of the glove compartment even months after I left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit