Judge: Elders NOT required to report abuse

by Nathan Natas 65 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• upside/down
    upside/down

So much for it being Devil the Satan's wicked system...

Things seem to be just hunky dory for the old WTS harlot.

Satan take care of his own...

Hooray for the WTS...king's of the double standard... the win win cult!

u/d

• blondie
    blondie

u/d and any others frustrated by the laws in your state regarding reporting sexual abuse, fight those laws in your state. Call your state representatives and tell them how you feel, e-mail them, write them.

SNAP is an organization fighting the Catholic Church on this. Find out what they are doing in your area.

http://www.snapnetwork.org/

Look under Activists Cornder in the lower left hand corner of the first page of this website

• talesin
    talesin

Does anyone know if this man (and I use the term loosely) is the brother of Dennis, Jayne and Linda Berry?

thanks,

tal

• Xandria
    Xandria

This pisses me off to no end!

What if, a sucicide bomber went to a priest and confessed under the "religious rule" does that apply also ?

Where is the line drawn? Isn't the truth supposed to set you free?

X.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Just analysing and extending the judges "logic":

A full time Plumber/janitor/bricklayer who happens to be a part time elder (i.e. "Parrot of Watchtower literature") qualifies as an "ordained minister".

Okay...... I suppose that means:

When I refinished my bathroom, I had to do quite a bit of changes to the electrical circuits. I guess that judge would now call me a Certified Journeyman Electrician and say I can enjoy all the rights and privleges of same.

Oh, and of course there were lots of changes to the plumbing, which I also did myself. I guess (according to this judge) I am now a Certified, Journeyman Plumber and am afforded the rights and protections of the law w.r.t. Plumbers.

Hey, I also have changed my own oil in my car, and changed the spark plugs. COOL! I guess that judge would call me a Certified Automotive Mechanic. Watch out guys, I'm now protected by the provisions of the "Mechanics Lien Act for Ontario" which means I can hang onto your car if you don't pay me!

Oh, and I used to do major work on my motorcycle, so I guess I'm also a Certified Motorcycle Mechanic- Advanced.

Don't let my critics, who point out my complete lack of formal training in those fields, total lack of *depth* of knowledge, and success only with the most trivial and basic tasks (some of which I totally botched up and had to redo many times before I got it right) confuse you into thinking I'm not qualified, either. 'Cause I am. The judge said so. If I play dress-up and claim a certain status, then that is all that is necessary.

~Quotes, of the "Mr. Dressup" class

P.S. It's too bad that "ordained ministers" aren't regulated the way that engineers are. In most states/provinces, if you call yourself an "engineer" and you don't have professional certification, you can be fined and even serve jail time. This is to protect the public's safety from the danger of under qualified, and/or un-qualified engineer wanna-be's.

• loveis
    loveis

You might have already seen this by now, but the appeal of this judge's decision is being decided tomorrow morning! (Friday July 15) See this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/94446/1.ashx

The thread also references the "master thread" of information online about the Berry civil case, including the audio of the oral argument hearing in October 2004.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit