Today's local watchtower study. On csa! Must read

by nowwhat? 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nikki collins
    Nikki collins

you think anyone will question why the hell they weren't being reported BEFORE!!!!

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
  • Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

The thing about these watchtower articles that made me gag was the footnote reference to dealing with Incest. If that is their most up-to-date reference, it's from the 1980s for Christ's sake!!

Talking it out with not just kind but "super kind elders" or a mature sister will resolve the issues over time, and if they don't - well Jehovah will sort it out in His due time.... (the classic cop-out).

But any sane person will be asking if these troubled ADULT people were the victims of incest while they were children within the JW religion, why the hell wasn't it being dealt with then!?

And THERE it is.

• blondie
    blondie

DUDE,

I get it! Whitewashing:

Whitewashing (censorship) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. To whitewash is a metaphor meaning "to gloss over or cover up vices, crimes or scandals or to exonerate by means of a perfunctory investigation or through biased presentation of data".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Doofgrandaddy - "The only reason Watchtower is bringing new light is because they have and will continue to get sued...

Don't kid yourself.

This wasn't New Light.

It was just Old Light with a few new weasel-words.

Doofgrandaddy - "...They are afraid of the Authorities but most of all losing their ill gotten gains."

I'm sure that's part of it...

...but we've had fairly reliable reports that the bOrg has plenty of dough squirreled away in bank accounts in the Cayman Islands (that would be the same Caymans that mobsters, crooked businessmen, and dirty politicians tend to stash their ill-gotten gains to keep 'em away from the taxman, I might add).

More than that, I suspect they're worried about losing their "charity" status...

...'cause I don't think the bOrg's current "business model" is actually sustainable (i.e. capable of continued function, at least in the US) without its tax-exemption.

• Studyover
    Studyover

I listened to this on dial in. It struck me at the end "how would you answer" that they could have just asked "what should you do if you discover a child has been abused.?".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit