Today's local watchtower study. On csa! Must read

by nowwhat? 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

My wife told me that the wt conductor said in in the strongest most emphatic way. That all child abusers will now be reported to the authorities whether there are 2 witnesses or not! And this is new thinking! And the congregation will be alerted!. So even though the article itself danced around the criminality of child abuse he clearly said otherwise. Well give the devil his due I guess.

• cofty
    cofty

Wow! Either he has inside info or he is a loose cannon.

For the first time in many years a JW called at my home a few days ago (I suppose it was caused by the new rules that prohibit DNC notes) and it was CSA that was the issue that really got him concerned.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Though they do dance around the fact that child abuse being a criminal act, they have now opened the door slightly further for individuals to contact the authorities if they wish to do so. Hopefully in time their duty of care will encompass elders contacting the authorities when a serious allegation is made. With their rigid 2 witness rule policy, I can't see that happening anytime soon.
  • blondie
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Strange that they presented something common as a special practice.

They think from inside their sect bubble.

G

• bamse
    bamse

And what is CSA and DNC?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Child Sex Abuse

Do Not Call

George

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

So now JW's are asked to do what God has told them to do all along (Romans 13)?

That's how controlled they are. They have to defer to their maggot leaders instead of the bible.

• waton
    waton

Par. 16: elders 1) elders are reporting to authorities, then 2) spiritual investigation. No #1might include calling legal first of course; but Paragraph 10 : elders are to care primarily about the name.

Paragraph 11: "one who gives in to this wrong desire is spiritually sick." Helping to not give in to desire is task of elders. wow. recognizing the culprit may be incurable.

16: even alleged abusers to be made known to parents. How about the gossip generated about the falsely accused?

Par 5,8 is it about the loss of feeling of security only? how about the loss of innocence, virginity?

greatest benefit of the article? to put latent pedophiles on notice, they will be noticed.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Here in Cincinnati, OH congregation....there were 5 different witnesses who raised their hand and said that they were sexually abused by another JW when they were a child! The congregation took this WT article to the damn bank. I might upload snippets of it.

I recorded it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit