Sincere question to those who no longer believe in God

by nowwhat? 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

why did he have to die such a brutal death.

What does that add to the overall morality of the sacrifice.

Wouldn't it have been more fitting that he died of old age and futility like Adam.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Jesus believed in the flood story. If he were truly God's son, divine, came down from heaven etc he would have known it was a myth and corrected those who believed it......or he lied about it. Whichever is right he was wrong so I don't believe he was anything more than an ordinary man.

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta
    Tater-Tan hour agoan hour agoan hour agowhy did he have to die such a brutal death

There have been far more brutal deaths take one who is buried in the sand up to his head near on a fire ant hill

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

As Morpheus said, the problem with Jesus is that he is only relevent, from a religious point of view, IF Adam and Eve sinned and we therefore inherit death. The point of Jesus is that he was our redeemer. You need the desert god for Christianity's tenets to make sense.

I don't say Jesus is not relevent from a PHILOSOPHICAL perspective because he most definitely is. The 'golden rule' is extremely important, although some would say he wasn't the first to highlight that

I personally really grieved for the loss of Jesus in my life when I lost my faith. He was the one I cared about. I disliked Jehovah.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Tater T why did he have to die such a brutal death.
    Wouldn't it have been more fitting that he died of old age and futility like Adam.

Very good point.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Happy are the meek for they shall inherit the earth. A good teaching? You have to be strong not meek in this world. Turn the other cheek? Well aside from the fact nobody has a clue what this really means, allowing people to walk all over you as it is sometimes interpreted is stupid. I lived by this creed of be kind, meek, gentle and I did it on the planet of the apes for thirty years. Beaten to a pulp mate. Sheer stupidity.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Happy are the meek for they shall inherit the earth. A good teaching? You have to be strong not meek in this world. Turn the other cheek? Well aside from the fact nobody has a clue what this really means, allowing people to walk all over you as it is sometimes interpreted is stupid. I lived by this creed of be kind, meek, gentle and I did it on the planet of the apes for thirty years. Beaten to a pulp mate. Sheer stupidity.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

A faithful and discreet slave who looks after his masters belongings even if his master isn’t around. The slave that doesn’t? An evil slave.

How about slavery being evil?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

But what about Jesus? Anything wrong with his teachings like the sermon on the mount and the example he set.

The Jesus god was imaginary true but he was created by man in appealing virtue to humanity as the Messiah savior was supposed or prophesied to be.

From Fink the atheist

• jp1692
    jp1692

You’re kidding, right?

Jesus (if he even really existed) is credited with saying a whole bunch of really messed up shit.

Sure, cherry-pick the nice stuff and he’s fine. You could do that with Hitler.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit