Are you less judgmental after you became ex JW?

by Iamallcool 22 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Yes ,becoming an ex JW ,you learn to accept other viewpoints and lifestyles that were against WT/JW beliefs .

You become more tolerant and accepting of people for who they are and not what their lifestyle or beliefs are.

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus

Yes ,becoming an ex JW ,you learn to accept other viewpoints and lifestyles that were against WT/JW beliefs .

You become more tolerant and accepting of people for who they are and not what their lifestyle or beliefs are.

This board tells that this is not true for all.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NIKOLAUS:

Yes, you are correct and it is regardless of what side of the political spectrum they are on in addition to their attitudes towards current events and trends!

Just human nature, I suppose.

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus
    it is regardless of what side of the political spectrum they are on in addition to their attitudes towards current events and trends

I feel this board has a tendency to the right. But in the end, the JW are a fundamentalist conservative Christian Cult that want to see people dead that are not like them. And most did not leave because they reject that idea.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

At first, no! Probably more so, against JW because I felt justified in my anger and judgements. But then I heard a quote that said something like if you don't forgive them, you can become just like them, so I struggled until I was able to be less judgy. The story of the wheat and the weeds growing together helps me a lot with this! Acceptance of what you can not change and the courage to change the things you can helps me, too!

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

Very much less judgemental after getting to see the real picture of the organization and deciding to exit. After all, all the standards used by the organization as criteria to judge they hardly follow them and are chief culprit in going against those standards.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

In some ways, no. In some, yes.

I'm certainly, 1000% less judgemental toward myself! It's such a relief as I would torture myself.

I never, ever believed being gay was wrong. I was delusional about The Truth and took the good bits ignoring or excusing the bad. I thought God would forgive everyone (except me, of course).

Now I believe that death is the end I am no longer forgiving of murderers. I judge them far more harshly. So in that sense I'm more judgemental.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

As a JW, I was not judgemental towards others, but when it came to myself, I was my own worst enemy. I could never forgive myself for things that never matter in the first place. After leaving I did notice that I did become a much better person to my husband and children. Even my family noticed the changes in me. It was only after I left the Watchtower was I able to finally forgive myself, and finally put the past behind me. It felt just like a 10-ton boulder was lifted off of my shoulders.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@ Tameria2001

The reverse form of this experience is what the organization love boasting and bragging about. Part of their judgemental mindset don't allow members to really see that your experience like this happen in many other ways and works of life

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Yes ,becoming an ex JW ,you learn .....

OK , maybe I should have said I learnt instead of you learn.

point taken.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit