Prediction: no more changes for a long while

by slimboyfat 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" in fact they're clientele base are dropping like flies." True ! which is why I think they will not delay in going more Mainstream for very long. They have a Cash Flow Problem, only by retaining as many R&F JW's in the rich Countries can they begin to solve the problem of $$$ in some measure.

The odd Convert may be possible too, they are certainly hoping so, hence all the pushing of "Bible" Studies, which are really Indoctrination and Mind Control Sessions.

Follow the Money always, to understand their every move.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ThomasMore - “…definitely on a list of 'wants' by the Rank n File.”

The rank-and-file have a “wants list”?

News to me.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    They have a Cash Flow Problem, only by retaining as many R&F JW's in the rich Countries can they begin to solve the problem of $$$ in some measure.

Phiz, this is exactly what is going on. Passive or semi-passive supporters who have money to donate; this is the segment of the JW population they are trying to retain.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    dropoffyourkeylee5 days ago
    I'm still looking for an expanding role for women. It's long overdue.

I agree, women will be given more responsibilities. Maybe #2 and #4 talks, or service meeting parts that deal with family and women subjects.

They can say the bible had prophetesses Sarah, Miriam, Deborah, Hannah, Huldah, Abigail, and Esther. What a grand privelege this willl be for our sisters!!!

Another stupid thing they do that could be scrapped is the passing of the emblems whithout partaking.

Allow all to partake only change the meaning. They can say it is for both the heavenly and earthly hope.

Only Jehovah and the individual know their heart and what hope they have.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I know a congregation where sisters carry the microphones, not because there aren’t brothers to do it, but it’s just become a role set aside for sisters in this congregation. Presumably the CO didn’t object or he would have stopped it. Has that happened other places too or is this an outlier?

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

The biblical verse that covers the carrying of the microphone must be a doozy! 😱🙄

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Microphones reminded of when I did the sound and handed them out to the sound team as a servant.

A young hot shot former bethelite elder comes up to me on the sound booth after the watchower study had started and said 'Go and take the microphone off brother Ian and give it to someone else.'

I said 'Why?' He said 'Ian has grown a beard since last sunday.'

I said 'You're the elder, you tell him - and totally embarrassing him by taking it off him during the watchtower is not going to win him over!'

He went off disgruntled, muttering and angry and proceeded to snatch the mike off him during the meeting and handed it to brother clean shaven..

I wonder now what 'brother Ian' makes of the new beard policy...

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Ron.W. How is that ridiculously petty and crappy behaviour supposed to give glory to God? No outsider visiting and observing such a scene would think that these are God's special people. 🙄

• LV101
    LV101
    no-zombie

But, whether it will deep enough or quick enough to do any good ... is another thing entirely.

no-zombie -- they've strategic plan in order -- lots of tricks in the bag while in the examination process of WT realities (financials, resources, strengths/weaknesses) as they march along the future pyramid plan. Professionals at the helm while the GB Goon Squad encourage the adherents and toss out a treat or two. Hard to imagine them failing but corporations do at times.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

You do get some elders who let the position get to their heads. The congregation where I went, they woud not have allowed a brother to do anything if he had a noticeable beard. Even if it was just "I forgot to shave," some other brother would have handled microphones or read the magazine for the study or given a prayer, etc.

I cringe at some of these stories, and I recall hearing similar ones when I was in. We had a few snobby elders in our congregation, but they toed the line when it came to taking their job seriously. The snobby guys were mostly a problem behind the scenes, which made their progress even slower, which just made them more of a pain in the neck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit