Prediction: no more changes for a long while

by slimboyfat 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

They're obviously not worried enough or testing the waters of the recent relaxed cold-calling dress/grooming code (sales calls/meetings) before they throw out any additional perks. It would take an insurmountable number of adherents walking away for any positive change.

I can't imagine this country caring one iota whether the WT is false doctrine -- courts don't want to mess in that arena thus WT skates.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hmm, not sure about this.

If you look at its history, the Org is dynamic, pretty much chopping and changing all the time.

It's how they attract new members, and keep some of the old members happy ('we got new light!', etc.).

But I definitely see them buttoning down the hatches and holding tight for while.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

I notice in the original post, the term “a while” is used when talking about how long until the next changes.

Is this intentionally vague? They could come out with more changes in October and you’d still be right that it was “a while” until the next changes were announced.

”Just a little while longer and death will be no more…”

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ LoveUni

Don’t kid yourself.

The Org isn’t “dynamic”.

It’s reactionary.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Jehalapeno let’s say three years, or more, for anything more substantial that say a locust change or a Gog and/of Magog change. Something that impacts regular practice or end time chronology.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Vidiot I think it’s fair to say JWs have been dynamic in their use of media and different peaching methods to spread their message. It’s not just one of the stories they like to tell themselves, there is real substance to the idea that their success can be attributed in part to their regular adoption of different methods and new technologies: from tract and book publishing, slide shows, phonographs, radio, placards, videos, cassettes, CDs, multi language translation software, street carts, letters, telephone. and now video and other online media.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Jack In The Box Inc., McDonald's Hamburgers Inc., Taco Bell Inc., Dell Taco Inc., Kentucky Fried Chicken Inc. & a heap of other big-name junk-food companies have been soo dynamic in how they run their organizations that they have their clientele returning every day for breakfast, brunch, lunch & dinner.

Me doesn't think WTBTS has been as effective & dynamic with their spiritual junk-food as some may think! The real difference here is that the WTBTS is not gaining any real new customers...in fact they're clientele base are dropping like flies. Whereas the above mentioned Fast Food Corporations are growing, expanding their menus, gaining new customers and are here to stay.

Junk Fast-Food establishments are in great demand worldwide...The WTBTS and the Spiritual-Fast-Food they have to offer sucks to a good percentage of the JW rank & file including to the masses of mankind!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ slimboyfat

Sure, but…

…they only started utilizing those innovations long after they’d already become regular public use.

IMO, if they’d been truly “dynamic”, they’d have been first out of the gate.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I am hearing that more changes are coming in the Fall. I trust my source(s). Nothing of any significance mind you, but definitely on a list of 'wants' by the Rank n File.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

While we are all hopeful of seeing more changes. For me, if one more set of changes is released, then the so-called '10 year plan' is a real thing. There might not be a literal 'plan', but it will show a deliberate move by the Governing Body to reshape the face of the Organization.

But, whether it will deep enough or quick enough to do any good ... is another thing entirely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit