Is it OK for men to cry?

by JH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Certainly it is OK for a man to cry. Man or woman we all have our moments when the hurt or the feelings overwhelm us and our emotions spill out of our eyes. Some of us are more emotional than others and some are conditioned not to cry, some women are conditioned to remain stoic no matter what.

Men can and should cry if they are moved to. It is only human.

IW

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

OK, I was mistaken. There was also a period in my life when I was having mystical experiences when I was moved to tears either from the pure joy of being loved, and loving all those around me (truly seeing your fellow human with Godly love is amazing...anyone ever experience that...you'll know what I mean if you have. I was also moved to tears by the horror of the depth of my sinfulness and that of the world when considering the notion of the love of Christ on the Cross. OK, all the naysayers have fun with that...I know what I experienced and will NOT respond to attacks on it.

• KGB
    KGB

There is nothing wrong when a man cries, for it shows his humility. Being humble is a blessing. Now if your just a snibbler then I guess maybe there might be some emotional problems but to cry when your sad or happy, no nothing wrong with that at all. Besides they say its healthy to cry and those who don't also have emotional problems.

And a man who knows his inner self is a man who is in tune with himself.

And a man who can openly admit he can cry is a man who is honest, being prideful and thinking your a tough guy because you don`t cry ? is a man who needs help, serious help.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

It's a great release.

For me, I seldom if ever cry.

When my dear friend died suddenly on December 29, 2002: I cried buckets. (died of a brain aneurysm)

It takes a lot for a man to cry, but when they do, it's certainly warranted, and once you've gotten it out of your system: it feels great, almost like a new beginning.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I have a custom XJS coup, and one Friday night I left it parked in front of my house. When I came out in the morning to get the newspaper I was shocked to see a two foot long scratch in the door, all the way down to metal! Someone keyed my car! Now that hurt! Maverick

• obiwan
    obiwan

Society has set parameters on men crying, I don't think that they are quite accurate. I do believe that there are appropriate times for a man to cry, and that if all crying is controlled to the point of not crying, then it could be emotionally damaging.

• benext
    benext

Men have tear ducts for a reason. Crying is emotionally good.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

It is ok for a man to cry under the following circumstances:

a. When a heroic dog dies to save its master
    b. The moment Angelina Jolie starts unbuttoning her blouse
    c. After wrecking your boss's car.
    d. One hour, 12 minutes, 37 seconds into The Crying Game.
    e. When your date is using her teeth

• Aztec
    Aztec

Well duh! Of course it is. It's the people who keep everything in all the time and deny their feelings that have strokes and high blood pressure. There are a few of them in my family.

~Aztec

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    b. The moment Angelina Jolie starts unbuttoning her blouse

No way! When that happens I want clear vision!

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit