Did your ability to work get affected by waking up to TTATT?

by stuckinarut2 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

It didn't happen with me. Even though at one point I was a pioneer I never allowed Organisation to take full control of my life. Very slowly I was studying the real truth about the truth. For about 10 years. And gradually I stopped going to the meetings and bothering with brothers and sisters. So last year when I stopped going fully it was quite easy. It didn't affect my schedule at all. I think if to drop it instantly that will come as a shock, but it didn't happen in my situation. I became a witness in a slow manner and I left it same way.

• John Free
    John Free

It is all consuming..those first months after waking up. I could think of little else. Shall we call it pcsd? Post cult stress disorder.

On the other hand after that stage of the recovery process I gave my business some real focus, working harder and longer without all the washtowel distractions. I realised it is a positive thing; not negative, to try and improve our material outlook.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks for the comments everyone!

John Free, your definition is great!! PCSD

Post Cult Stress Disorder . Brilliant

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STUCKINARUT:

No, not especially..I was able to use the computer at work and looked at ex-JW sites...What I read confirmed what I already knew or suspected about the religion. If anything, I felt validation.

There was some anger and outrage but not enough to cause a real difference in my life that anybody else would notice. It solidified my resolve to plan my “fade” from the Witness religion. I knew it was OVER...Since I was on the fringes in the congregation because of my full time job, it was easier than it might be for others.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Hell yes!! I was a motorbike mechanic. About 2 weeks after JC i was in the French Foreign Legion!

• jws
    jws

Probably. I think for a living and when I first read Crisis of Conscience, I thought a LOT about it. And I couldn't wait to get back home and read more. It didn't make me entirely useless. But it was big and it did affect my work.

I think my divorce affected me more, however. Didn't want it, didn't expect it. Always asked if things were OK. That blind-sided more more though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit