Did your ability to work get affected by waking up to TTATT?

by stuckinarut2 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just curious.

When you started to wake up to the truth about the Truth, did the shock and the whole experience distract you from your usual activities such as performing at your place of work?

Did you become so consumed by researching, and the subsequent factual discoveries, that it affected your ability to carry out daily tasks?

• humbled
    humbled

Hell yes

edit: l had ordered Crisis of Conscience when l he tote the letter telling elders that the FS was FoS (Full of Shit) and commenced reading. I sort of “denned up”.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

There were about 3 months there where I got almost no work done. Luckily I'd already really proven myself and was able to bullshit my way through without it getting noticed. Actually got a promotion not too long after that, well before my productivity had recovered completely. I got really lucky.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Absolutely!

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

I also had a nervous breakdown. It took quite a few visits to a counsellor to sort myself out.

• shadow
    shadow

Profoundly

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I was consumed with rage and had to take very long walks in the woods talking to myself, I let everything go to pot as I did shit loads of research and found it rather difficult to concentrate on anything else for a while but gradually it returned.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Yes. My wife and I has worked together doing the same thing for 14-15 years at that point and there were days where we just weren't on top of our game and other days where I remember telling her that for the first time I just didn't even care at all about work. It seemed utterly irrelevant and of no consequence.

On the other hand, we clean houses and some of our clients had amazing conversations with us. They couldn't speak TTATT but they could listen and talk about our world crumbling and the shunning. It was huge just to know that people cared.

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater
    Definitely; I've not been able to concentrate on work or on much else for over a year now
  • moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

It sure did consume every waking moment and get in the way of being productive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit