I ate meat on Friday

by chester 24 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Welcome, Chester. Just remember, the full quote is "Curiosity killed the cat. Satisfaction brought him back."

• chester
    chester

I would like to thank all who replied to my post.

It is good to know that I have support. I appreciate it very much.

It was in the mid 60s (about 35 years ago) when the Catholics made the change so BlueSapphire you are probably very young since you don't even know that it really was considered to be a mortal sin in the Catholic church at one time to eat meat on Friday.

Changes that the WTS are making will most likely not be known about by the young ones who are growing up today 35 years from now either.
    (unless they do their research)

• JT
    JT

chester says

Changes that the WTS are making will most likely not be known about by the young ones who are growing up today 35 years from now either.
    (unless they do their research)

########

so true in fact anyone who started to study after the 95 articles on the generation change has no idea as to what the impact of that Dogma was on JW-

many of us planned our lives around a dogma that we were told was fully supported and taught by the bible

only to find out that all the articles, talks, service meeting parts conventions and releases with this dogma in them was NEVER SUPPORTED OR TAUGHT BY THE BIBLE

they lied to us

james

"I'd rather have questions I can't answer than questions I can't ask (or answers I can't question)."

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

One of my all time favorite cartoons features two devils in hell with the tormented in the background, one devil says to the other, "OK, now what do we do with all the Catholics who ate meat on Fridays?" Absolutely hilarious.
    But seriously, at age 7, I doubt that you had the mental skills to be able to commit a sin by eating meat on Friday. Friday is still supposed to be a day of Penance, one is supposed to give up something. Some continue to not eat meat on all fridays. The sin is not the eating of the meat or not, but rather, the willful disobedience. Remember, the Church was given authority both to bind and loose.

Kust my humble thoughts.

Yeru

YERUSALYIM
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    Shakespere: Hamlet

• chester
    chester

To JanG,

Interesting that you felt that badly when you ate that hot dog. I was taught that if I was so hungry that
    I could eat the meat, as long as I did not want to do it deliberately.

There were dispensations to the rule, but obviously no one told you about them .... sad because you
    felt so fearful as a result.

Nobody told me anything about any dispensations.

I guess the situation is similiar to what is happening in WT world today. There are many Jehovah's Witnesses who have no idea that they are now "allowed" to take certain blood fractions.

To Redhorsewoman,

Just remember, the full quote is "Curiosity killed the cat. Satisfaction brought him back." :)

Thanks for letting me know about the ending.
    The brother "forgot" to mention that. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit