Disfellowshiping - Get a life

by Pepper 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

quinah,

Chill out. Pepper was quoting another thread. The last paragraph was Pepper's response. Re-READ the post and you'll see how it's "quoted".

Andi

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Pepper was quoting another thread

Yep thats what I thought too, the responses are to the person who wrote that and not directly to pepper, I hope anyway.

Brummie

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Brummie,

yet this opportunity wasnt given to my sister, so excuse me for finding your cold hearted attitude of "what do you expect" a bit too much to swallow!

It's always my advice to REALLY read a thread before making comments like this by quinah. It's too easy to get emotional, jump the gun when you don't have a full understanding. I know - I've done it. I did it here at first. But I went back through the original post and REALLY read it. Finally, like you, I understood it wasn't Pepper's opinion, but that she/he was responding to someone else's. By then I'd laughed at my mistake.

Andi

• rocky220
    rocky220

This is a religion that discourages independant thinking. Once you are in their midst, you automatically are expected to give total mental and spiritual control as well as permission to these "elders" to run your life. You are at their mercy and whim....the elder training system is set up that way....so you are at great risk of abuse, injustice, humiliation with great self-doubt, depression, low self-esteem as a result. Elders get to play "Lord" over the "flock", which in many cases it compensates for their own lack of self worth, causing the need to exceed their authority.

It's a mistake to give anyone this much mental power over your mind. I learned this lesson well at 17 years old in 1975.

rocky 220

• obiwan
    obiwan

Whew! I'm glad I read the whole post pepper, I was about to blow my stack!

• rocketman
    rocketman

Seems like a lot of guns were drawn.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yep, it's a direct quote from larc's thread. Good work pointing that out breal..

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    You knew the rules.

Thing is...Pepper....Being born and raised into it does not make it right for me. My choice is to make my own rules...not live by my parents rules or the dub-rules......it doesn't mean I'm a leper.

I -- we ALL -- deserve better treatment than to be shunned. We are human beings, equal to everyone else! The dubs aren't better than me!

ESTEE

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    As I understand it u have up to seven days after a judicial committe to go back with a change of heart

Actually, this was explained to me by an elder friend once as follows: The purpose of an appeal committee is not to determine whether you have repented since the original judicial committee meeting. It is to determine whether you were repentant at the time of the original meeting, and that was misjudged by the elders on the original JC. If the AC decides that you were repentant at the time of the original meeting and the elders just didn't see it, the disfellowshipping will be reversed. But if you have repented since then, tough stuff. You're still disfellowshipped, and need to go through the process to get back in.

• quinah
    quinah

ok everyone i may have got the wrong end of the stick, but im still right that the elders in my hall suck, can we all agree on that one! by the way sorry if i have offended anyone, but i always speak my mind and have very strong viewpoints, but i guess you`ve all found that out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit