Disfellowshiping - Get a life

by Pepper 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Pepper
    Pepper

Disfellowship

>> I have read many stories here about those who have been disfellowshiped. They express the pain of the experience, and the emotional trauma they experience.

I have to ask a question. What did you expect? You knew the rules. You knew what happens when you leave, at least I did, so why are you shocked? If you get even a modicum of recognition afterwards, you should be grateful. After all, when you leave, they owe you nothing, and you know it. When you were a true believer, you would have done the same thing that was done to you, so why are you surprised?

I do not understand the mindset of those who leave and are upset over how they have been treated. When I left, I fully understood the consequences.

Could someone explain this to me? <<

I had to ask my self if Jesus is so kind and Jehovah is so full of undeserved kindness how can they condone such things as disfellowshiping, if they do they must be quite confused as to the principle of love and forgiveness as they teach. To leave is much different than being judged by men that you must now be ignored because your too much of a sinner, and have your family friends treat you as if you are not alive. If Monkeys do that to one Monkey that Monkey dies, are we not supposed to be more than Monkeys? They may say its scriptural and Gods will, but it does not ring well with good sense concerning all that love is and forgiveness; Let God judge, men can not do it very well.

Pepper

• unique1
    unique1

JW's have no concept of true love. I have discovered that recently. They just don't get it.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I do not understand the mindset of those who leave and are upset over how they have been treated. When I left, I fully understood the consequences.

You understood they would lie about you, spread rumours about you, call you hateful, that they had hidden so many of their lies from you over the years and you werent bothered? or upset? kewl

Brummie

• Englishman
    Englishman
    I have to ask a question. What did you expect? You knew the rules. You knew what happens when you leave, at least I did, so why are you shocked?

Knowing in advance that you are about to be most unjustly crapped on does not make the experience itself any more pleasant.

Englishman.

• Matty
    Matty

Every so often we get posts here saying things like "You're all a bunch of whiners, sort yourselves out and get on with it". And of course we are all very much indebted to such ones that have this amazing insight.

• rebel
    rebel

"I do not understand the mindset of those who leave and are upset over how they have been treated."

What????? I didn't realise they were capable of telling so many lies. I haven't been DFd or DAd (yet) but I am treated like a leper. I have supposedly run off with another man, become a lesbian, and have started my own Bible study group (I wish! I don't have the time). These are comments I have heard from those that still talk to me. I have yet to meet a bigger bunch of unchristian, disloyal, gossiping, poisonous back-stabbers as I have since mixing with JWs.

When I was brainwashed studied, my study conductor did not mention disfellowshipping. This was something I found out about as I went along. If JWs were honest and truthful, they would explain the DFing and DAing process to new studies. Why do they hide it? Surely, it is such an important issue, and one that can cause so much pain, that they have a duty to tell new studies about it.

xxR

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    I have to ask a question. What did you expect? You knew the rules. You knew what happens when you leave, at least I did, so why are you shocked?

No sympathy from the devil.....

ash

• avishai
    avishai

Yeah, & maybe some of us were born into it & did'nt HAVE any choice. Thanks for your kind words. NOT!!!!

• rebel
    rebel

I was going to mention those born into it also.

Most baptisms in my old congregation are those who have been brought up as JWs. They are young and impressionable and many don't dream for one minute that their parents etc are wrong. They don't know what they are getting themselves into. If you have been brought up as a JW since you were very young, you automatically go through the process of becoming a publisher through to baptism. It's what is expected - everyone expects it! From their parents through to the elders, they know they MUST get baptised eventually.

I was told when I got baptised that the reason the WTS insists on adult baptisms is so people know what they are doing, whereas babies don't. I don't believe many adults know what they are getting into. Especially those brought up in the organisation - what else do they know?

Rather than come out with blatant, judgemental statements, you should try to be more understanding.

xxR

• borgfree
    borgfree

Pepper,

I was born into the org. also, so I agree with what has already been said.

Your comment:

I have to ask a question. What did you expect? You knew the rules. You knew what happens when you leave, at least I did, so why are you shocked? If you get even a modicum of recognition afterwards, you should be grateful. After all, when you leave, they owe you nothing, and you know it. When you were a true believer, you would have done the same thing that was done to you, so why are you surprised?

When I was a practicing JW, and believed their teachings, yes, I did expect to be treated like that, and I accepted it as correction from God, no problem, but, when I actually did research and found that I was lied to and deceived, then chose to leave that false religion, I do not and will not accept their disgusting rules and behavior.

Borgfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit