Disfellowshiping - Get a life

by Pepper 37 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

I was never baptised, still treated like a leper, though. Had elders threaten to beat me up for disagreeing. Not baptized. Same old Sh*t.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    They may say its scriptural and Gods will, but it does not ring well with good sense concerning all that love is and forgiveness; Let God judge, men can not do it very well.

Excellent comment, Pepper!

Men are far too influenced by emotions and past experiences with the individual. The WTS has no business directing committees to announce who is and isn't worthy of human kindness. Well, on the other hand, I guess that IS part of their business. Too bad for those of us caught up in that web of being separated from friends and loved ones. OTOH, sometimes DF'ing is a relief -- we don't have to hear their Witness-speak anymore.

• breal
    breal

Hi Pepper,

Your comment I believe is from Larc's post http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/54009/1.ashx

There are more replies there.

Cheers,

BReal

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Hey WTF..............I replied to this already. What a larc lark !

Somebody got pepper up their butt or something !

• avishai
    avishai

Sorry, pepper, I see how you meant it. Not as the orig. post, but a refutation.

• shamus
    shamus

Good points, everyone.

I was going to mention again how some are born into it. Some people got baptised at 10 years old! Not enough of a mind there to make such a serious decision, to say the least!

Hey... it is nothing unexpected when someone gets DF'd. There is a real problem when they do it for reasons that are stupid. - i.e. exercising your christian conscience.

• Jayson
    Jayson

Pepper remember when you were very young and you were taught that the rules were the rules and you must obey them. Well, when we grow up we learn that some things are wrong and must be opposed. The JW program is wrong. It distroys peoples faith in God and each other. It is evil. That word can discribe Hitler or, simply being misguided; It is when a thing is socially harmful. JW policy uses love as a weapon, a tool to hammer down any nail. It should be opposed. And because it is central to the doctrine the religion as a whole it must be opposed until it is changed. Just like the program to protect pedophiles. One reason I am here and educate myself is that I do what I can when I come accross people who have been trampled by JW zelotish rightousness. We are the kings of our own misery. We decide how much pain to endure and how we react. For me sharing my experiences is not something of pain or reliving a nightmare. It is letting people who are waking up for the first time that it's OK, they are not alone. It's a shock when you find out that everything you believe is an illusion. It's a comfort when those who call themselves "elders" no longer have power over you. It's good to have friends.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

O K, It is possible to say that if one fornicates, commits adultery , or steals seriously etc, etc, then you knew the rules and can only expect to be disfellowshipped.. However, life is rarely that simple and I say that the one who started this thread has never suffered a stiflingly bad marriage, or been desperate to leave an unhappy home , as is the case with a good many wrongdoers.

Human life does not follow clear cut paths . The only ones who lay blanket rules for all are those who write the Watchtower.

And what about those who have a "Crisis of conscience?" . For the highest motive, ie pursute of truth, one can be disfellowshipped and treated like a leper by all whom you have ever loved and cared for.

Blues. (Who is still not dissfellowshipped, and did not commit the actions from the first the first paragraph)

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    When I left, I fully understood the consequences.

I think the really important question is whether you fully understood the consequences of leaving when you became a JW, not whether you understood them when you left. Oh, they may have told you that immoral persons are disfellowshipped and shunned, but did you really know that you would be regarded as an immoral person if you simply came to disagree with the organization over doctrinal issues? If not, then you never really had freedom of choice in the matter, since, once you're baptized, you're subject to their rules whether you knew about them or not before you came in. And the rules are not presented honestly to new converts, as you should know.

• quinah
    quinah

sorry pepper but u have really struck a nerve here. My sister, knew the rules yes, but when she decided within 7 days that she was repentant yet the rigid elders wouldnt back down and let her appeal go though that is when i felt the emotional hurt and anger and i still feel rightly so towards a supposedly loving organization. As I understand it u have up to seven days after a judicial committe to go back with a change of heart, and yet this opportunity wasnt given to my sister, so excuse me for finding your cold hearted attitude of "what do you expect" a bit too much to swallow! I expect the congregation to follow their precious rules and more importantly to show the love and forgiveness demonstrated by the ones they are supposed to be following, im sure Jehovah would have shown a little more compassion that the elders did in my hall!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit