"exjws" and money making Ponzi schemes.

by Thisismein1972 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Ex-jw Oscars would be called the Korahs.

LMAO you kill me girl!!😅😅😆

• under the radar
    under the radar

If you don't want to back the author again, don't. If you don't want to buy a copy of either book, don't. Simple as that.

Can't blame someone for asking his affinity community for support, but no one should be surprised if some find it self-serving and opportunistic. Distasteful as some may view it, there's no reason he can't ask, and I don't think anyone should berate him for it. Just don't give if you don't want to.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

And so the cycle keeps continuing. Now it's easier to see why those who came out of Egypt were so eager to create a golden calf. My Book of Bible Stories was unclear about this other than defiance of Jehovah. When an individual elevates themself to the top of the cause, they eventually become the cause. At that point you have to ask yourself what is this even about anymore?

The point has been made and it's a valid one: People who wish to donate will. If you don't want to donate then you don't have to. The process evens itself out. If there is a will for a book then there will be a book. (For what it is worth I think there will be a book because a certain someone known for his obstinacy wills it)

A second point can be made by using an analogy of someone dealing drugs outside a rehab clinic. Watchtower is a powerful drug itself, and for those who need a visible and ready replacement there is always Methodone. The addiction is still there, only that it is redirected to more of a chemical one and the dangers of the first one are mitigated. However the addictions and underlying problems still exist. Do you really want to be free of this Watchtower shit or do you just want a replacement that makes you feel good but without the high?

For those who want more stories from the brilliant mind who told everyone of "jerking off in showers", "blue balls" and tales of sexting girls and getting caught by the wife then you are in luck. I would hope he becomes a bit more transparent as he enters middle-age and brings along a tin cup for added effect.

• zeb
    zeb

hm jw have the command of language to write a book..

but I did witness jw getting into 'sales' schemes to make money top up their meagre incomes why because of their poor standing in employment and the usual chestnut poor education equalling poor employment prospects.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Sooooo I see my post was edited without even notice from admin? I see that this forum is getting more and more like JWTalk every day.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I would rather contribute to Deborah to help her get CoC out faster. But all she can get is hate mail

• JRK
    JRK

Please pay for a book I haven't written yet. While you're at it, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

JK

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Newly Enlightened Please explain how money will help Deborah Do get Crises of Conscience out faster. Please.

People have offered to edit the book and a publisher offered his services free of charge.

I thought the issue was health. How much does she need? A breakdown on go fund me is ALL it would take and believe me shed have all the money she requires.

Please can you fully explain or else admit you were wrong about this one situation. Nothing wrong with believing the best of people. People on this forum DID send money, but have received no explanation as to what's happening.

• Simon
    Simon
    Sooooo I see my post was edited without even notice from admin? I see that this forum is getting more and more like JWTalk every day

Seriously? I corrected the mis-spelling of "Ponzi" in the title. Idiot.

• Simon
    Simon
    Don't some of you ex-jws are fed up with being taken advantage of based on some nonsense story?

It does seem a bit strange to be essentially asking the victims of something to pay the salary of someone claiming to want to help them. Victims often make great victims - fallen for a financial scam? You'll be targeted for more. Manipulated by, and contributed to, a religion? How about we catch you on the way out and "redirect" your contributions ...

People *want* to do good and be able to make a difference and I think it would be easy to take advantage of those who have been hurt by the WTS and want to "do something" and convince them that handing their money over is exactly that something that will make such a difference.

It sounds like "give me money or else I *won't* write the book" ... which sounds far less noble and filled with good intentions to help people. It would be like Ray Franz shopping round for a book advance and only agreeing to share what he knew if he got a big enough cheque rather than doing it because it was the right thing to do and allowing it to stand on merit.

Not that I think there is really any comparison. Most people can't really add much that isn't already widely known about the WTS. There are no big exposés to be had unless someone who was very high up leaves and spills the beans. I think Lloyd is more Don Quixote than Ray Franz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit